Hopefull future 2011 WRX owner....few ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hopefull future 2011 WRX owner....few ?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ElVerde I don't know how this applies to a lease, however, nor if you CAN pre-order on ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post

I don't know how this applies to a lease, however, nor if you CAN pre-order on a lease
    yeah I guess I am not 100% sure myself but I am assuming you can. Leasing is just another way of financing the vehicle so I don't really see why you would not be able to.

I have hardly seen any WRX's on lots around town so it almost seems like you have to order these cars. If not you might wait forever for the right combo to arrrive at a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I ordered mine they asked for a $500 deposit which was refundable. They said I could get the money back or use it towards the down payment when I got my car. It took 3 weeks for my car to arrive from the day I ordered it. I also bought it so when I financed they gave me the option of choosing either a 1.9% or 3.9% apr. The downside to the 1.9 was that it was for 3 years only and I had to give $600+ a month. The 3.9 had two plans, one was for 5 years and one was for 6. The 5 year at 3.9 was like $485 a month and for the 6 year at 3.9 it was $374 a month. I choose the 6 year at 3.9 and am giving $600. I chose this bc I can give the same amount as the 1.9 but if work goes bad I can give them $374. They also told me that there was no 2.9 option which I figured was a lie. Oh one more thing, they said there was non penalty for paying the loan off early.
    2011 obsidian black pearl limited wrx

Ok, cool. That's basically what they told me. I did the 3.9% for 62 months with no penalty for early payoff. They said I could put $500 or $1k down which would go towards the purchase...although I had to tell/remind the Finance guy...he didn't see the note about it until I told him.

Good to hear that me not getting the 2.9 was legit. Thank you.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

So did the 2.9 end at the end of October and now through November it is 3.9? That kinda sucks I was hoping to get the 2.9 offer. Oh I guess I will have to see what my options are once my car gets here. It could be this month or next. I sure hope it is this month sometime.
    -Mitigate

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Ok, cool. That's basically what they told me. I did the 3.9% for 62 months with no penalty for early payoff. They said I could put $500 or $1k down which would go towards the purchase...although I had to tell/remind the Finance guy...he didn't see the note about it until I told him.

Good to hear that me not getting the 2.9 was legit. Thank you.
    HI GUYS! sounds like SUBARU is giving 3.9 instead of 2.9%.. hmmmm. I got my WRX at the beginning of OCtober for 2.9%, but somehow my dealer was able to apply from PNC bank for 2.25%... have you guys tried to go to your bank?..
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

Even with my killer credit, my banks (both Wells Fargo and Bank of America) can't come near what Subaru is offering. 3.9% is still a fantastic rate.

But it seems like the 2.9 ended mid-Oct? I keep hearing from people that even when Subaru ends something like that...it often comes back. But since the WRX is so hot right now I think 3.9% is going to be the best they will offer until next year. Especially since we are basically coming into the "Christmas present" period.

Even with my killer credit, my banks (both Wells Fargo and Bank of America) can't come near what Subaru is offering. 3.9% is still a fantastic rate.

But it seems like the 2.9 ended mid-Oct? I keep hearing from people that even when Subaru ends something like that...it often comes back. But since the WRX is so hot right now I think 3.9% is going to be the best they will offer until next year. Especially since we are basically coming into the "Christmas present" period.
    I just checked edmunds and it looks like the 2.9 % for 63 mos ended 11/1/2010

see this http://www.edmunds.com/new/2011/suba...ncentives.html

YES. I was really wondering how my dealer pulled a 2.25% for 63 mos. financing from PNC ( I also has excellent credit). My theory is that they (Dealer) MAY have borrowed it for a short time & they paid it entirely and my financing is actually done & I'm just paying it for 63 mos with the financing going to the dealer..... I don't really know how they did it.. I can also pay it early without penalty.
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

I think mine may have required 1000 because I am only 21, this might have thrown up a red flag when I went in and said I want to order a wrx. They probably thought I wouldn't be able to afford it .

My "internet sales" guy said that they don't let younger people even test drive new WRX/STI cars unless they bring a parent and fill out a credit app. That's sad, but at the same time I understand them not wanting someone who doesn't know how to drive a stick learning on their car.

I put $800 down today over the phone on one, but will need it refunded because I found one closer to where I live and in my preferred color. I sincerely hope they don't try to give me a bunch of crap about the refund. I'm a lawyer so I doubt it, but you never know. I am financing at 2.9% as well since I plan to keep it for quite some time.

My "internet sales" guy said that they don't let younger people even test drive new WRX/STI cars unless they bring a parent and fill out a credit app. That's sad, but at the same time I understand them not wanting someone who doesn't know how to drive a stick learning on their car.

I also understand to a certain extent but that's not to say someone in their mid 30's couldn't go in and learn on their car as well. I have only den driving for 5 years but am more than capable of driving various stick shift cars. I find it funny sometimes because I left 3 dealers because of the way they treated me because of my age before finally finding one that was respectful. My 25gs is the same as everyone elses.

The no test drive thing is BS. I would def find another dealer. I don't see what the point of putting down money to test drive a car and then have it refunded if you end up not liking it. I mean, I could totally envision someone shopping for a 335xi and a WRX - like I was - testing out the WRX and deciding the BMW just handled better or was better performing. Heck, if I could have gotten a the same trade-in quote on my Mazda3 from BMW, I'd probably be going with a 2009 335xi, actually.

Dealers need to lighten up. If I wanted a car that I absolutely knew had not been driven hard, then I would order one.

I'm not sure if it was because of the amount I financed or what but I got 2.3% apr for 60 months from Subaru. Traded my 05 Frontier that was paid for so I only had to finance $13,700 which puts me at $242.xx a month
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I'm not sure if it was because of the amount I financed or what but I got 2.3% apr for 60 months from Subaru. Traded my 05 Frontier that was paid for so I only had to finance $13,700 which puts me at $242.xx a month
    hehe. OK. So, I'm not alone. I also traded my 2008 CRV. Got my WRX for 2.25%.

I can let go of my question why I did got such low APR...
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

Quote Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
    hehe. OK. So, I'm not alone. I also traded my 2008 CRV. Got my WRX for 2.25%.

I can let go of my question why I did got such low APR...
    Ya, I wasn't complaining. I had the payment figured out to be $245.xx and he says umm.. no I don't think that was it.. I'm thinking wtf and he says well, I actually got you 2.3 so it's less. Not something you would expect from a dealer for sure.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast