And the wait begins

This is a discussion on And the wait begins within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I have been browsing for a long time on these forums and finally decided to join. I ordered ...

And the wait begins

Hello everyone, I have been browsing for a long time on these forums and finally decided to join. I ordered a new 2011 wrx on October 12th and the wait is already killing me. Last time I talked to the dealer he said that in his computer it had the estimated arrival date for December, but it gave no specifics on what day in December. Hopefully it comes sooner than later. I ordered the base trim in red. I currently drive a Honda cr-v grocery getter so I am dying waiting for this car to arrive. Just thought i'd introduce myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hang in there.

All I can say is that it is well worth the wait.

Make sure to post some pics after you take delivery

That's what the dealer said man but this sucks so bad. I am so ready to get into something with some pep. Is that a base in red in your avatar...looks sick!

I Support ClubWRX
    hey Felsea62,I drive a Honda CRV too.I love that car until every time I have to step on the gas.I should be gettin my car next month after a 2 mnth wait.We CRV owners must be the most frustrated(maybe just the 2 of us) crowd waiting for the WRX.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Ha, yeah man the car was my moms and I kind of inherited it a few years back. It seriously has been a great car as far as maintenance and stuff goes. Like it really has not had any problems for a long time, it runs like a champ its a 2000 with 106,000 and it has never left me sit or anything but it is such a slug its not even funny. I have been waiting so long to get back into a car these next two months are just gonna drag. How much did you pay for your wrx and what did you get on your trade?

I Support ClubWRX
    I drive a 2007 CRV,one of the first 10 cars of the newer generation,60,000 miles on the odo,driven from FL to NY a couple of times and on many a long trip,never had any problems(all I have done is tint,change oil,change wipers) and paid off in full,which is why I decided to keep it.My wife will be driving it now onwards.So no trade in.
    I got a base WRX in WRB with arm rest extension & all weather mats for $24995 before taxes & reg.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

they are giving me 4300 for the cr-v which I found to be mediocre considering he is going to honor that quote 2 months from now when my car arrives. I am getting the car in the base trim, no options, red for 24,294 before tax and tags which is one of the best prices I think I have seen while researching these forums at least. You seem to have gotten a really good price as well. My dad and I went to one dealer, got a quote, then went to another and left the quote from the first dealer on the seat which was already below invoice. The dealer I bought it from's sales manager went out and obviously looked at the quote and offered an even lower price. Then I kept squeezing what I could out of the trade and signed. When are you expecting to get yours?

I Support ClubWRX
    Did'nt you pay for destination(I paid $725 like everybody else)?I ordered mine on 9/01,so 8 weeks and waitin.The dealer says my car is on the boat and should be here anytime next month.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

6-8 weeks...

i'm hoping my car is in the same ship as yours...i got the 6-8 weeks estimate too...pulled the trigger 10/22...just thinking the upside of putting more $ down on the car with the wait...but, the wait really sucks!

yeah man I know, I am planning on saving every cent I can just to make the best out of the wait to lower my payment but it sucks so bad waiting. December is a long way away. What did your order?

Mine is a base in red. Thanks for the compliment.

While I would have liked a premium, I just couldn't take the moonroof. It cut into the headroom a little too much for my comfort.

Looks like you got a pretty good deal. I paid around $600 below invoice for mine.

Hopefully it will come in sooner rather than later for you. I know mine came in early. My dealer originally estimated October but it came in the beginning of Sept.

Yeah I couldn't really justify the premium for myself financially because the only thing I would have really wanted would have been nav and that would have added like 3 grand to step up to premium with nav

wrb

base world rally blue... it seems delivery turn around time are all over the charts... i'm hoping the 2.9% is still there when the car arrives...