Question..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I've driven VW for the past few years but recently decided to sell and purchase a Subaru. I'm ...

Question..

Hey guys. I've driven VW for the past few years but recently decided to sell and purchase a Subaru. I'm going to be purchasing a 2009 WRX this week, the one I am working a deal on is a rally blue Sedan and I have one question:

Are all the 2009 model year WRX's 265hp? The ad says it's a 2009, and it has 224hp, but I was under the impression that they had 265. Did they make a mid-year revision? I do not want it if it's a 224hp model.

Thank you in advance!!

edit; I am a dealer, and buying through an auction from half way across the country so I can only go by the information on the ad and hope it's accurate, or in this case, inaccurate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    are you in the USA?

in the USA there were two models:

wrx: 265 hp

or 2.5GT (ie: the same as the 2008 wrx's): 224 hp

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Search here or on other fora for info on the motor failures experienced by 2009 model cars, that may be more common than one might hope. See if "your" car has experienced the issue and whether it's been repaired.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry, I'm in Canada. In the pictures it says WRX in the front grill and has the hood scoop, says WRX on the back. I just need to know if they split production in 2009 and ran some 224hp before the revision to 265hp or are they all 265.

I've heard and seen the issues and that isn't a concern as it's warrantied.

Thanks for the info so far, anyone know the answer though?
    Last edited by d1ckthewhite; 10-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    are you in the USA?

I believe all WRX's are Stick.. all GT's are automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    are you in the USA?

Isn't the 2.5GT just an impreza and not impreza wrx? I know the wrx is an impreza too but I think it went 2.5, 2.5 premium, 2.5 limited, 2.5GT and then they did the base wrx, premium, limited, and then sti
    2011 obsidian black pearl limited wrx

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    from subaru canada:
    "The 2009 Subaru Impreza offers the perfect balance between fun and efficiency, practicality and passion, style and substance. The Impreza line comprises two different body styles (4-door or 5-door) and four different models, the Impreza 2.5i, 2.5i Sport Package, WRX and WRX265. The 2.5i and 2.5i Sport Package are powered by a 170-horsepower SUBARU BOXER engine that offers equal measures of fun and fuel efficiency. The WRX weighs in with a turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine, 224 horsepower and a plethora of rally-inspired touches inside and out. Finally, the new-for-2009 WRX265 delivers 265 horsepower from its high-pressure turbocharger, a moonroof, performance tires and performance-tuned suspension. All versions come standard with Subaru symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive and Vehicle Dynamics Control for unmatched all-season, all-weather, all-road performance. Plus, all models boast exceptional value, class-leading safety and heightened quality inside and out. Let the fun begin. "

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

thank you, I'll be looking again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.