Wierd pssshhhh sound when letting off throttle please help!

This is a discussion on Wierd pssshhhh sound when letting off throttle please help! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello all , I recently became a proud owner of a 2006 WRX comming from the honda family. I have ...

New WRX owner from Ohio(Pics inside)

hello all ,

I recently became a proud owner of a 2006 WRX comming from the honda family. I have wanted one before I ever got my license and finally do now and loving it. Not to familiar with the platform but that is why ive registered here. I will post up pictures later. The car has a couple mods done by the past owner Turbo xs rfl 3" cbe, SPT intake, a Stg 1 tune from a company ive never heard of (rom raider), prodrive blue springs and front sway bar.

Some mods im looking to do in the future are STI spoiler,curently wingless , 50/50 bov -still reading up on these
    and OEM BBS wheels. I hope to learn alot here so expect alot of questions if I cant find what im searching for.

Thanks
    Evan
    Last edited by OHIOWRX485; 10-27-2010 at 04:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey evan. welcome!

just my thoughts opinion:

wingless FTW! if you want to add a spoiler, look at the sti limited one. a lot cleaner & classier looking

bov- no no & no. money can be spent elsewhere on items that will give you power, not make your car potentially run worse.

bbs wheels - good choice. just keep in mind the ONLY year that will fit are from an 04 sti. they arent very easy to come by and when you do, they'll probably be on the more expensive side.

these threads will pretty much answer any questions you have:

first mods:
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do

what you do/do not need a tune for:
    Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

BOV info:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...et-merged.html

& the holy grail of subarus:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks. Dont get me wrong I like the wingless look but it just seems like its missing something but again the wingless look is growing on me. Thanks for the links. My big concern is the tune that was put on the car from Rom Raider. I looked up there site and it seems dodgy being a beta. Have you heard anything bad about them? There is no close AWD dyno shop around me to see how good of a tune it is. Anything to look out for this year and model?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have a cobb accessport so i'm honestly not too familiar with romraider. all i know is its a form of opensource tuning that you can do yourself with a laptop/tatrix cable.

have you checked out this site: http://ohiosubarus.org to see if there are any tuners around you?

as far as things to look out for- none that i'm aware of. i bought my 06 brand new and so far have 46xxx miles with no issues whatsoever. i've just done my basic maintenance. just make sure you follow the schedule for oil changes, tune ups, etc & you should be fine.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by OHIOWRX485 View Post
    Thanks. Dont get me wrong I like the wingless look but it just seems like its missing something but again the wingless look is growing on me. Thanks for the links. My big concern is the tune that was put on the car from Rom Raider. I looked up there site and it seems dodgy being a beta. Have you heard anything bad about them? There is no close AWD dyno shop around me to see how good of a tune it is. Anything to look out for this year and model?
    What part of Ohio? I'm in Cincy and there is a guy on Ohiosubarus.org that has a dyno and, from what I hear from others, puts a great tune together. I'm on COBB AP as well, don't know much about romraider.

Ashtabula. North East corner

Any ohio meets left this year?

we in cincinnati have meets every other saturday on ohiosubarus. there are quite a few northeasterners on the site, (and one more would always be nice) lol. the guy i beileve jd is talking about does great tunes. he has tuned my car, as well as others from around town. he's been tuning for about 8 years and really knows his way around a subaru, as well a mechanic for some subaru team in RALLY AMERICA! he does not have a dyno, however, its all a road tune.

here are some reviews on his work

http://ohiosubarus.org/forum/showthread.php?t=209

and

http://ohiosubarus.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by OHIOWRX485 View Post
    Ashtabula. North East corner

Any ohio meets left this year?
    Check out the Lake Erie Region Subaru Owners' Club at www.LERSOC.com for goings on somewhat near your neck of the woods.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

romraider is not a tuning company, nor do they provide tunes. romraider is a piece of software that a skilled professional (or a home tinkerer) can use to make a very good (or a very harmful) tune. Try to figure out where the previous owner actually got his tune, and then determine if you want to try to get a different tune.

Any bov that does not 100% recirculate is bad for your engine - it messes with the air metering (by letting air out that's already been measured), and makes your car run rich for a bit. The stock BPV is good, don't get rid of it.

If you want more power, consider going stage 2. If you want more handling, look into suspension mods, chassis stiffening, and the like. Or, if you're happy as-is, just continue with the aesthetic mods you're planning.

Welcome!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Finally got some pictures today. Hope you like! I need a bipod bad!!

bump