Possibly Soon to be 2011 WRX owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possibly Soon to be 2011 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I'm a newbie and I plan to get a 2011 WRX Ltd Sedan pretty soon here. Been a ...

Possibly Soon to be 2011 WRX owner

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie and I plan to get a 2011 WRX Ltd Sedan pretty soon here. Been a big fan of WRXs and STis for quite some time. Currenly, I have a 2008 Mazda3 S GT sedan which has some mods. I visited the dealer today and almost worked out a decent trade-in and a sale price on a 2011 Ltd sedan. Came within $300 of my target on the new car, but sales manager would not budge any more. I walked for now. I will see if something works out next week.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

My current ride:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hopefully your deal works out!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard.

I hope everything works out for you.
    You did a great job the Mazda. I like how you tinted some areas and the areas you blacked out very nice.

I can't wait to see what you will do with the WRX.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was doing my MZ3 as a trade-in and I could only get them down to the "invoice" price. I know how that works. I offered them $300 below their invoice price and they just wouldn't move anymore. I gave the salesperson my business card and said to call if they changed their mind. We shall see. It was a 2011 Dark Gray Metallic with short throw, arm rest extender, auto dimming mirror with compass, and wheel locks (the locks I def do not need or want).

I was looking at the white but I really like that dark gray which kind of matches the rims. I shall let you know what happens.

ha i have a dark grey metallic 11' WRX with the short throw but i got the turbo gauge with mine! we are gona have twins

Ha nice! I just called them up on the phone and they agreed to $250 below supposed "invoice." They are calling to see if the dealer will trade them the car I want and checking the actual miles. If that goes well, I just gotta get approved for the top tier interest rate. My credit score is a tad north of 750, so I hope that happens.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_man View Post
    I gave the salesperson my business card and said to call if they changed their mind.
    Nice. This is exactly what to do IMO. Talking to them and "getting approval from the manager" and all that is a waste of your time. Leaving, and leaving them with a card, is the way to go. That way everyone's happy - you can wait and see, they can try to sell a car to someone else at a "steal" of a price, provided they get "approval from the manager" and so on.

Keep in mind, they don't want the car. That's why they're selling it. You're in a position of power, since you have what they want -- the money -- and all they have is cars, and more cars. Wait them out as long as possible, then wait some more. They'll still only have cars and more cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well, I hope to hear back tmrw morning. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to do the dealer trade. We shall see. the price I negotiated was $28,300 for 2011 WRX Sedan Ltd, Dark Gray Metallic, short throw, autodim compass mirror, center armrest extender, wheel locks. Probably not the lowest price around but seems decent, considering it was not a vehicle they had on the lot, what do you guys think?

Well dammit. They could not get that Gray one because the other dealer sold it yesterday. I called that dealer and they confirmed that it really was sold. So . . .

I have the following options:

1) Order a gray one

2) Get a blue one

3) Get a white one

The blue and white ones have fewer options but the dealer could add them for me. If I order one, it takes 6-8 weeks and they said they would need to re-evaluate my trade in. I am wondering if maybe they would do my trade in now and order a gray one. Also wondering if I could get the great financing they are offering if I have to order one.

I was actually originally going to get white, but I was worried about the color not being a bright enough white and more of off whitish pearl like you see on those luxury cars (i.e. cadillac, etc.)

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by wolverine_man; 10-26-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Have you not actually seen a white one in person yet?

I can almost GUARANTEE you will love the Satin White Pearl. I ordered mine in SWP and not a single person I've shown the car hasn't told me how much they love the color.

It's a much different white than I've ever seen on anything else...I'd rate it at much brighter than Lexus pearl, but much more pearly than Mazda pearl.

At night and in the shade she's bright white, in the sun she's beautiful. You've gotta see one in person. Plus, the OEM grey rims looks great with the white. Check out my pics (more on pg. 2) in my signature.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I saw the legacy in the white pearl. I was trying to visualize the more aggressive WRX in the same color. They are trying to get me the blue one right now. The blue one has the options I would want, except for the fact that it is missing the compass mirror which they can add.

The only two white ones are one without the short throw, armrest, etc, only a homelink mirror. They'd have to add the armrest and short throw. Or one that has all of the stuff but with the body side moldings. Not too crazy about those side moldings.

I'm leaning towards the gray if they can get it for me. Otherwise, I will probably place an order.

Well, I hope to hear back tmrw morning. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to do the dealer trade. We shall see. the price I negotiated was $28,300 for 2011 WRX Sedan Ltd, Dark Gray Metallic, short throw, autodim compass mirror, center armrest extender, wheel locks. Probably not the lowest price around but seems decent, considering it was not a vehicle they had on the lot, what do you guys think?
    I was quoted $28,876 Out-the-door on a SWP base w/ STI short shifter, color-matched body moldings, rear bumper cover. Not sure if that's a great deal, but it is coming straight from the port, and has not been on the dealer lot. Nobody will be test-driving it when it arrives. I hope you get what you were hoping for.

^^^ Lol. I love your screen name. I truly hope that you are not of Asian decent, though. :-) Anyway, looks like they got my car! 2011 WRX Limied Sedan in Dark Gray Metallic with Homelink Mirror and they are installing an STI short throw at the dealer.

I got them down to the very last penny possible, after threatening to walk and go with a dealer in Indianapolis after showing my dealer what they offered me. So anyway, I am pumped that I got my number one color choice. They have to go all the way to Wisconsin to get it for me, nearly 300 miles, and guess what -- they are having to trade their showroom center piece - a 2011 STI Limited sedan, fully loaded with Navigation, etc and a sticker north of $40k!

Only thing I will need to add to my car other than winter tires and floor mats is that center armrest extender. Anyone know how hard that is to install?

Glad they found you the car you wanted, and hilarious they had to trade their STI for it.

The center armrest should be very easy to install. I have it in my car (although it was installed by the dealer), and it looks like it's just as easy as putting a new lid on the center console. Good luck
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

^^^ Lol. I love your screen name. I truly hope that you are not of Asian decent, though. :-) Anyway, looks like they got my car! 2011 WRX Limied Sedan in Dark Gray Metallic with Homelink Mirror and they are installing an STI short throw at the dealer.

I got them down to the very last penny possible, after threatening to walk and go with a dealer in Indianapolis after showing my dealer what they offered me. So anyway, I am pumped that I got my number one color choice. They have to go all the way to Wisconsin to get it for me, nearly 300 miles, and guess what -- they are having to trade their showroom center piece - a 2011 STI Limited sedan, fully loaded with Navigation, etc and a sticker north of $40k!

Only thing I will need to add to my car other than winter tires and floor mats is that center armrest extender. Anyone know how hard that is to install?
    Haha unfortunately, I am of Asian descent. So, how much did you pay out the door?
    Last edited by wongjonsilver; 10-28-2010 at 05:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.