Possibly Soon to be 2011 WRX owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Possibly Soon to be 2011 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ElVerde Glad they found you the car you wanted, and hilarious they had to trade their STI ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Glad they found you the car you wanted, and hilarious they had to trade their STI for it.

The center armrest should be very easy to install. I have it in my car (although it was installed by the dealer), and it looks like it's just as easy as putting a new lid on the center console. Good luck
    looks to be simple enough, I think it's only 1 part and you just replace the hinge that's already there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, the car will be here this coming Monday. I did the financing approval today and did in fact received the lowest 2.9% rate for up to 63 months. I'm happy about that. One last weekend with my Mazda3, which I have actually really enjoyed owning.

As for my first mods - and I am not going to get too crazy due to warranty issues - are Weather tech floor liners, Rally Armor mudflaps, and some Continental Extreme Winter Contact tires, which I think would be a good set of winters. Not sure what size to get though. In the Spring, I will be doing tint.

I GOT IT!!!! Pics to come . . .

NICE!!!

It got blue balls last night when I went to pick mine up... it had a loud metallic clattering noise when I made left turns on the test drive. It turned out to be a stuck brake caliper in the front, and was repaired today. So, hopefully I'll be able to take her home and persuade the salesman to give me some freebies b/c of the inconvenience.

Holy crap. Sounds like it is sorted out now, though man.

I gotta get a new camera because mine was recently stolen on vacation but here is a quick cell phone shot:

Zero regrets getting the DGM.

Got mine today!!!!!!!

Last edited by wongjonsilver; 11-04-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Hey Wongjon, beautiful car btw. I got excited when I saw "Capitol Subaru" because that was where I might get mine too! I just recently started getting into WRX's, and I plan on purchasing the 2011 WRX 5 door, which looks like the one you just got. Any advice? I've been emailing dealerships around California, and the best price I got for the standard WRX is $23,587.00. I'm hoping to bring that internet quote in to Capitol this weekend and have them beat that price because I had such a great experience with their service last month.

Did you order a factory body kit (skirts, lip) with your car? I'm also thinking of getting a limited or premium since I plan on keeping this car for a while and want to enjoy my ride every second. Any recommendations on that?

Also, do you mind if I ask how much you got your car for? I'm torn between white, dark metallic gray, and obsidian black. The definition really comes out in the Satin Pearl White, but I like the "mean/aggressive" look of the darker shades, like gray and black.

Anyone else feel free to respond. I could use all the thoughts/help I can get. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adonnymous View Post
    Hey Wongjon, beautiful car btw. I got excited when I saw "Capitol Subaru" because that was where I might get mine too! I just recently started getting into WRX's, and I plan on purchasing the 2011 WRX 5 door, which looks like the one you just got. Any advice? I've been emailing dealerships around California, and the best price I got for the standard WRX is $23,587.00. I'm hoping to bring that internet quote in to Capitol this weekend and have them beat that price because I had such a great experience with their service last month.

Did you order a factory body kit (skirts, lip) with your car? I'm also thinking of getting a limited or premium since I plan on keeping this car for a while and want to enjoy my ride every second. Any recommendations on that?

Also, do you mind if I ask how much you got your car for? I'm torn between white, dark metallic gray, and obsidian black. The definition really comes out in the Satin Pearl White, but I like the "mean/aggressive" look of the darker shades, like gray and black.

Anyone else feel free to respond. I could use all the thoughts/help I can get. Thanks!
    Hey buddy, I didn't order any options with the car. I think they're pretty low in WRX inventory right now. In fact, I requested a white base model, and they happened to have one coming in w/ options (short shifter, side moldings, rear bumper cover, and all-weather floor mats). There wasn't much negotiating b/c it wasn't a vehicle in their inventory. 28k out the door was my price. They threw in the comprehensive until-45k mile dealer maintenance, for $1500 too (oil changes using synthetic oil). I also paid it all in full, no payments.

If you do go to Capitol searching for something, ask for Jamie Cassady (and tell him Jonathan referred you), he'll be able to tell you when the next shipment of WRX's are coming in. (Should be soon. I saw a couple STI's and maybe a WRX or two) He said that SWP colors were only 4 on the floors of Northern California. In fact, I requested a white base model, and they happened to have one coming in w/ options (short shifter, side moldings, rear bumper cover, and all-weather floor mats). There wasn't much negotiating b/c it wasn't a vehicle in their inventory.
    Goodluck with finding your WRX !
    Last edited by wongjonsilver; 11-04-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wongjonsilver View Post
    Haha unfortunately, I am of Asian descent. So, how much did you pay out the door?
    I bought a 2011 WRX Limited Sedan, which came with the homelink mirror and had a MSRP w/ destination of $30,000 even. The dealer added the STi Short Throw 5-Speed shifter, and I paid a total of $30,340 OTD.

The actual car was something like $28,390 or something like that. Michigan has 6% sales tax which is included in the OTD, as well as $23 plate transfer, and doc fee.

Thanks, guys, for responding so quickly and providing the info. I'm visiting the dealership this weekend (wish me luck!). I'm actually thinking of buying a Limited 2011 WRX 5 door in Satin White Pearl, Metallic Gray, or Obsidian Black. I want to enjoy my next call to the fullest since I plan on driving it for the next 10 years. Hopefully they can throw in the navigation.

Good luck! I just put a reserve on a 2011 4 door in DGM with the auto dimming home link, short throw, and spoiler for 26,600+tax and fees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.