First time WRX STI owner.

This is a discussion on First time WRX STI owner. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up my first WRX today. Its a 2007 WRX STI. Recently had an accident with my 4X4 Ranger totaling ...

First time WRX STI owner.

Picked up my first WRX today. Its a 2007 WRX STI. Recently had an accident with my 4X4 Ranger totaling it so I was in the market for another car/truck. I saw an STI on a local subaru dealer website this morning and I knew one of the sales guys that works there. By the end of the day I had a STI in my driveway. I'll throw up some pics tomorrow it was to dark to take any when I got home.

I come from the RWD American Muscle crowd. I am in no way converting from one side to the other but I now have the best of both worlds, I have a pretty fast 1994 Cobra with a 351 windsor engine and a STI. The salesman I bought it from gave me for a ride in his 04 STI a few years ago when he still had it. Ever since then I wanted one but I was never in the position to get one until now. I have not driven it much yet but I am very impressed with it, great power and driveability, The thing just freeking sticks to the road. Its Sliver and has 34,900 miles on it. It was previously a company car and last owned by a 40 something year old lawyer. Needless to say I'm very impressed with the car. Cant wait to get some more seat time behind the wheel.
    Last edited by Venom351R; 10-23-2010 at 08:26 AM.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats. Enjoy!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks, Im sure I will.

here are some pics.

Nice. It looks stock. That is a very good thing.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Looks like a great car! Enjoy!

I also recently got my first Subie (2011 WRX) and am a devout member of the "American Muscle" Crowd. While I would never admit to being converted (and I love my El Camino very much), I really recognize the differences between these cars and muscle cars, and enjoy the Subie for what it is better at.

I'd rate both cars the same on the "fun to drive" scale, just in very very different ways.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Yes I like the fact that its stock. I'm liking this car the more and more I drive it, who would have known you could take off ramps at 65 MPH lol, and didnt even feel like I was pushing it.

It also came with 4 brand new snow tires. I'll be getting some summer shoes for it when the time comes.