Just ordered '11 and couple ?'s
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just ordered '11 and couple ?'s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey i just joined this website today and i ordered a 2011 WRX Premium last Friday . The dealership i ...

Just ordered '11 and couple ?'s

Hey i just joined this website today and i ordered a 2011 WRX Premium last Friday. The dealership i baught the car from said it will take 3-12 weeks because the WRX's are on back order because of the popularity. Is this true? and another question is what can i do to a WRX that wont void the warrenty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DanWRX11 View Post
    Hey i just joined this website today and i ordered a 2011 WRX Premium last Friday. The dealership i baught the car from said it will take 3-12 weeks because the WRX's are on back order because of the popularity. Is this true?
    Partially.

and another question is what can i do to a WRX that wont void the warrenty?
    Maintain it according to the service schedule in the manual using authentic parts and keeping all service records. See this thread:

Please help, losing sleep over decisions

and others like it and decide how much $ and time you are willing to risk if you deviate from authorized parts.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the tip i definitely will do that.

Welcome!

Delivery time of 3-12 weeks is about spot on. Hopefully you're closer to 3 weeks

You'll love the car when you get it. Don't let the wait kill you!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Thanks! the wait is killing me already! I am just really happy with the Subaru dealer I bought it from the salesman is keeping me informed and will be calling me every so often to let me know where the car is

Yeah I am in the same boat. I ordered my WRX yesterday and my dealer said that it would be between 4 to 8 weeks. The wait is killing me, but it will be worth it when it comes.

Hope yours comes quickly.
    -Mitigate

Mine took 8 weeks, nearly to the day. Cross your fingers that you wont have to endure the painstaking wait I had to.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    As of today ,I have been waiting 7 weeks,and may have to wait another 2-3,maybe more,but if ur on the West coast you may have a shorter wait.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

It's funny they say they are so popular, I have not seen one WRX in my home town, not one. All I see are the Outbacks and Foresters. I doing the waiting game as well for my WRX Limited SWP hatch back! 1 week is approaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    As of today ,I have been waiting 7 weeks,and may have to wait another 2-3,maybe more,but if ur on the West coast you may have a shorter wait.
    That is what I am hoping for!!! This wait is killing me. It has only been 3 days. But boy its going to be nice once I get it!
    -Mitigate

Quote Originally Posted by Grains View Post
    It's funny they say they are so popular, I have not seen one WRX in my home town, not one. All I see are the Outbacks and Foresters. I doing the waiting game as well for my WRX Limited SWP hatch back! 1 week is approaching!!
    "Popular" doesn't take into account the actual number of cars produced vs number sold. The OB and F sell in far larger numbers, so Subaru produces larger numbers to meet the demand.

I believe what we are seeing with the WRX is that they are building the same numbers as previous years. The issue is that the new body and other updates created to a larger demand than previous years. Especially because people decided to pre-order before cars even hit the lots.

They just need more time to produce and catch up with the increase in recent purchases.

Here in So Cal I was told by my dealer that they are getting cars in 5 weeks with an occassional one coming in 4 weeks. But they were confident that I'd get mine within 5 weeks.

I've heard of some people getting delays after waiting a few weeks so that might account for the big window od 3-12 weeks.

But it definitely seems like west coast orders are coming in A LOT faster than the east coast.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Here in So Cal I was told by my dealer that they are getting cars in 5 weeks with an occassional one coming in 4 weeks. But they were confident that I'd get mine within 5 weeks.

I've heard of some people getting delays after waiting a few weeks so that might account for the big window od 3-12 weeks.

But it definitely seems like west coast orders are coming in A LOT faster than the east coast.
    I was quoted at no more than 8 weeks (I'm on the West Coast).

My car came in 3
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

There's a dealer down the street from where I work in Cincinnati that has 2 on their lot. Both DGM, one hatch, one sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    I know of 1 black premium & 2 red limiteds WRXs & a whole bunch of STIs at dealers near me if anyone is interested.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast