Just ordered '11 and couple ?'s - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just ordered '11 and couple ?'s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Chader "Popular" doesn't take into account the actual number of cars produced vs number sold. The OB ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chader View Post
    "Popular" doesn't take into account the actual number of cars produced vs number sold. The OB and F sell in far larger numbers, so Subaru produces larger numbers to meet the demand.

I believe what we are seeing with the WRX is that they are building the same numbers as previous years. The issue is that the new body and other updates created to a larger demand than previous years. Especially because people decided to pre-order before cars even hit the lots.

They just need more time to produce and catch up with the increase in recent purchases.
    Yes, that's what I figured. I can't wait, my wifes says to clean the garage and keep the WRX in doors shes afraid someone will steal it, and yes our neighborhood is more or less a ghetto Industrial part of town.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The thing is the dealer said that mine will be here in 3-12 weeks but wont have the subwoofer and boost gage on it that i ordered because they are back ordered for even longer than 12 weeks. so when i get my wrx i have to wait another 3-4 weeks i was told to get my boost gage and subwoofer. But the subaru dealer will then install it for free on my car so im not worried about it too much

Quote Originally Posted by DanWRX11 View Post
    The thing is the dealer said that mine will be here in 3-12 weeks but wont have the subwoofer and boost gage on it that i ordered because they are back ordered for even longer than 12 weeks. so when i get my wrx i have to wait another 3-4 weeks i was told to get my boost gage and subwoofer. But the subaru dealer will then install it for free on my car so im not worried about it too much
    If you ordered the SPT boost gauge it won't be available until spring. I looked at the accessories form when ordering and it is not on there.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

oh wow. well thats what i was told so idk haha.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanWRX11 View Post
    That's odd.. I ordered my car last week, and the options to get the boost gauge and subwoofer (along with one of the shift knobs) were greyed out in their system, so you couldn't even order it if you tried.

They're saying January 2011 for the sub, no idea on the boost gauge. But if your dealer is willing to install them for free when they come in, that's awesome!

Yeah I ordered mine before they had ANY on lots in the US and they told me I couldn't get the Boost gauge because of issues they were having with the part.

The Subwoofer won't be available til January.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

oh wow. this sucks. i am prolly just getting the dealer run around story im assuming

My dealer talked to the regional parts guy and he explained that the 2010spt gauge would work but the 2011s are wired differently and the gauge wouldn't light up the new gauge will be available in the spring. I hope this was helpful.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    I was quoted at no more than 8 weeks (I'm on the West Coast).

My car came in 3
    When did you order yours?
    -Mitigate

I found my STI at a dealer I got it then sold my Evo X and so far, im loving the Subie even more.

I ordered my wrb limited sedan 3 weeks ago..still had at least 6 to go..but just canceled my order. I asked to have my trade appraised now before it came in and got $4000 less than other places...wow as a car salesman myself thats unheard of. Thankfull another dealer a little far from me has the only exact car and color around.. I got invoice and enough for my trade.
    Car is a little more than the other place, but trade makes up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mitigate View Post
    When did you order yours?
    August 26th, I picked it up September 17th
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I ordred my '11 WRX in August & got it in December. I ordered it with the under seat sub, boost gauge, short throw shifter, all season mats, cargo tray & cargo nets. The boost gauge, sub & cargo nets were a no-show & I wasn't going to pay the additional labor to install them, so I took it as it was. I'm glad I didn't get the OEM under seat sub now. After sitting in one that had the boost gauge & seeing how much it annnoyed me by being in my line of sight, I could care less about it.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by LS6 Tommy View Post
    After sitting in one that had the boost gauge & seeing how much it annnoyed me by being in my line of sight, I could care less about it.
    From what I've heard, it's a sub-par gauge anyway. You're better off buying a good aftermarket gauge. What color did you get?

2011 WRX on order for 14-weeks now, no car!

Guys I have been waiting 14-weeks in NJ and they are telling me another month, count youyr blessings if you got your car in 8-12 weeks!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast