Am I being over paranoid? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Am I being over paranoid? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jd92677 Right, that's why I said when the oil is up to temp, not the engine. Wasting ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Right, that's why I said when the oil is up to temp, not the engine. Wasting gas is wasting gas, whether it be a little or a lot, it's all money out of your pocket
    I can read, I promise. But you could also argue that driving places that you don't absolutely need to go is a waste of gas.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    But you could also argue that driving places that you don't absolutely need to go is a waste of gas.
    I make that argument with my girlfriend all the time that's why I bought her an electric car. She'll never waste another gallon again

Quote Originally Posted by nibbles View Post
    So the sound/vibration thing is normal? It is not like I am on an incline when I park my baby. Its on a flat surface. Is it still the ABS check / hill assist being cranky?
    The sound is completely and totally, 100% normal.

I have not noticed any unusual vibration in the clutch pedal with my 2011 though.

As another poster suggested, have a Subie Tech take a look at it if it worries you.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

7n7
    I have a 2011 as well, mine makes that .... i'd call it almost a *clunk* noise. It is only when i get going in first. I park on flat ground as well.

'cold' engines lead to bearing failures, among a lot of other things. Our boxer engines are widely known to have sheeeeeit bearings, anyway. So you do the math

A good middle ground may be to let the car warm up for ~1 minute at idle, and then drive the car w/o hitting boost/upper RPM's for another 5 or so minutes as described earlier.
    Northern Lights Customs

'Helpin' the hood, one can of spraypaint at a time

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I make that argument with my girlfriend all the time that's why I bought her an electric car. She'll never waste another gallon again
    You allow her to drive?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

My 2011 makes that same noise every time I start the car. No worries!

My 2010 makes the exact same noise when going from startup to 1st/accelerate. This happens only when I start the car/drive it after it's been sitting for a few hours.

My clutch pedal, however, does not vibrate though..

Quote Originally Posted by 7n7 View Post
    I have a 2011 as well, mine makes that .... i'd call it almost a *clunk* noise. It is only when i get going in first. I park on flat ground as well.
    !! YES THISSSS..

And also the vibration is only there the brief moment when I hear the "clunk".

I think I'm just paranoid outta my mind =\

Quote Originally Posted by mista jc View Post
    My 2010 makes the exact same noise when going from startup to 1st/accelerate. This happens only when I start the car/drive it after it's been sitting for a few hours.

My clutch pedal, however, does not vibrate though..
    Ok so this basically sums up everything that happens to me.
    I feel much better knowing its normal. phewww

7n7
    I don't believe I get any vibration, at least not enough that I've ever noticed...at all. Don't be too worried, you have the factory warranty

You allow her to drive?
    +1!!

Lol uhmm
    also do you guys feel like the gear grinds when going from 2nd to 3rd o.O???

I dunno I'm starting to worry about everythinggg =[. Cause some times I feel like it grinded like a fraction of a section when putting it into third. =[=[=[=[

Dude you gotta chill out. It's probably just notchiness in the gear box. It's pretty common. If your worried about it that much then put that warranty to use.

From the info I have gathered notchiness is pretty common, especially from 2nd to 3rd. Just be gentle with your shifts and it will be fine. Don't force the shifter into gear. It should just glide in easily. Use the palm of your hand to cup the shift knob. Don't pistol grip the shifter like all the cool guys and don't rest your hand on it. Also make sure your pushing the clutch pedal in all the way and not releasing before you are completely in gear. Sorry if I come off as a boss, I just want your car to last and if you sell it someday the next guy won't get screwed.

I know these 5 speed trannys are a PITA but you will get used to it with practice.

I am used to it now its just that I just feel like I am hurting the car =\

yeah clutch is always all the way down so that isnt an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12