Hola. Soob Noob here.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hola. Soob Noob here. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, new to the forums. Well, first off, im 16 and going to get my license in Spring '11. I ...

Hola. Soob Noob here.

Hello, new to the forums. Well, first off, im 16 and going to get my license in Spring '11. I have $15,000 as my budget for my first car. I plan on getting like a 2003 or 2005 WRX sti, but i also want to put money in it for my own project. My first purchase will probably be a magnaflow exhaust system, other than that i have no idea. Any suggestions for stuff i should invest in for performance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Take your time and do your research before you do any mods. Most important, learn to drive safely first. A stock WRX will keep you plenty happy until then.
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

Welcom!!!

Welcome! Take your time and do your research before you do any mods. Most important, learn to drive safely first. A stock WRX will keep you plenty happy until then.
    +1, ya def want to get the feel of the car before doin any major mods, yes its fun and exciting, we just dont want to see ya destroy your dreams by gettin ahead of yourself, depending on where ya are ther should be some areas where ya can do a good track day where ya can hav an instructor ride w/ ya and teach you how to really drive , i know i personally learned alot from instructors even when i "thought" i was a good driver, my reaction time has definately improved since courses, plus it HELLA fun bein abel to safely and legaly really open up that boxer h, good luck

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club!

My first car was a 1977 Buick Skylark and it was well under a thousand dollars. Thank god for that because my ignorance would have lead to a huge waste in anything much more expensive. An STi at that age probably would have gotten me dead. I learned so much in the first few years of driving.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    I plan on getting like a 2003 or 2005 WRX sti
    they did not make 03 sti's in the united states. only started in 04

but i also want to put money in it for my own project. My first purchase will probably be a magnaflow exhaust system, other than that i have no idea. Any suggestions for stuff i should invest in for performance?
    well for starters, i would stay away from an sti being your first car. a stage 2 sti (full exhaust + a tune) would be way too much power for such a beginner driver.

start small and work your way up. dont jump into such a nice car when you first start driving. get a few years of experience under your belt then move up to something a little more powerful

also- you have a 15000 budget, however does that budget include maintenance that may need to be done or cover any parts that may break? next year 15000 would probably just be enough to buy a higher mileaged 04-05 sti, but leave you no room to have anything left over.

also- look into insurance. i can guarantee it will not be cheap.

/old lady rant.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    they did not make 03 sti's in the united states. only started in 04

well for starters, i would stay away from an sti being your first car. a stage 2 sti (full exhaust + a tune) would be way too much power for such a beginner driver.

start small and work your way up. dont jump into such a nice car when you first start driving. get a few years of experience under your belt then move up to something a little more powerful

also- you have a 15000 budget, however does that budget include maintenance that may need to be done or cover any parts that may break? next year 15000 would probably just be enough to buy a higher mileaged 04-05 sti, but leave you no room to have anything left over.

also- look into insurance. i can guarantee it will not be cheap.

/old lady rant.
    Yup. I actually have a 25,000 budget but i want to get a cheap wrx and put the rest in the bank. Its this or take my mom's lame 2008 Acura RL ;D

Yup. I actually have a 25,000 budget but i want to get a cheap wrx and put the rest in the bank. Its this or take my mom's lame 2008 Acura RL ;D
    My first car was an 88 mazda mx6, I would've loved a 2 year old acura (I still wouldn't to this day, they are great cars)... but anyway, buy a beater first to teach yourself the dynamics of driving prior to strapping yourself into a 300hp awd guided missle.... a newly-licenced 16-year-old, loaded on mt. Dew shouldn't be out experementing with a 3200lb awd death machine... IMO...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    My first car was an 88 mazda mx6, I would've loved a 2 year old acura (I still wouldn't to this day, they are great cars)... but anyway, buy a beater first to teach yourself the dynamics of driving prior to strapping yourself into a 300hp awd guided missle.... a newly-licenced 16-year-old, loaded on mt. Dew shouldn't be out experementing with a 3200lb awd death machine... IMO...
    I see where your coming from. Unfortunetly for me, i prob will end up getting a good car for my first car anyway. You should the kids at my school, they frown upon cars cheaper than 60k

I frown upon dead bodies and pieces of STI littering the road.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I Support ClubWRX
    driving school then performance driving school...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    I frown upon dead bodies and pieces of STI littering the road.
    +1 I rather wreck a pos learning to drive it and get the basic of a stick and how to drive it right then wreck a nicer car (wrx/sti). I felt bad for mine when I got her bc my daily drive prior to getting her was an automatic. I knew how to drive a stick but it wasnt a daily drive. The first week was rough but now it's ALOT better. I'm still getting the hang of it and am looking forward to winter
    2011 obsidian black pearl limited wrx

I see where your coming from. Unfortunetly for me, i prob will end up getting a good car for my first car anyway. You should the kids at my school, they frown upon cars cheaper than 60k
    Yeah, but your first car is the best oppertunity to learn the value of money and how to work on a car.... if your parents always provide everything for you, you'll loose out on a vary important life lesson...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah, but your first car is the best oppertunity to learn the value of money and how to work on a car.... if your parents always provide everything for you, you'll loose out on a vary important life lesson...
    Yeah true. In that case ill just use our old manual lancer for a while.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.