hey everyone from Florida!

This is a discussion on hey everyone from Florida! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just joined the forums... I don't have a Subbie yet, but I'm really really freaking tempted to get ...

hey everyone from Florida!

Hey guys, just joined the forums... I don't have a Subbie yet, but I'm really really freaking tempted to get an '11 WRX.

I currently own a '91 MR2 and a 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS... both in immaculate condition. I'm thinking of moving to Colorado in late 2012/early 2013 after my time in the Navy is complete. So I would need something AWD and to do that, I'll end up having to sell both my cars.

As for now, I'm just saving money and pondering if I should get the 2011, or find like an '05 subbie and have payments for maybe a year instead of like, 3 or 4 years.

Which WRX years were good years? I heard the 2008 was horrible. I'm considering a 2009 as well, considering it has the engine upgrade and such. ANd I do l like the way the newer hatchback style looks, but not the older station wagon look on the 2002-2005's. I would get a sedan if I went for the older model.

Either way, I'm here, looking around and researching! you guys seem like a cool bunch of folks, so I'll probably be hanging out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Most don't really recommend the 08 because it is the same drivetrain as 07 and before but the same body style as 08+. With that being said, 08s can be had much more cheaply than 09s, and will work just as well as an 09+ in weather.

It really comes down to which car you'd rather have. I love my 2011...but thats obviously a much bigger $ committment than a bugeye is going to be.

Best of luck in your search. There are tons of knowledgable people here who can help you out.

P.S. Thank you for your service in the Navy. My dad did 30 years in the Navy so I can especially appreciate your service
    Last edited by ElVerde; 10-15-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Thanks for the reply.

I think the main reason I like the '11 style is because it has that very aggressive widebody look to it. Otherwise, I'd be happy to pick up an '09 because of the uprated engine from the previous years. I actually test drove an '09 about a year and a half ago, and was thouroughly impressed. I ended up going WAY past the speed limit without even realizing it when I test drove it. The salesman was grinning, and asked why I was slowing down when I noticed I was going 90 in a 65mph zone. LOL.

I'm an avid mountain biker, and although there aren't mountains here in this craptacular state of Florida, I do get out on the trails around here. So whether I get a hatch or a sedan, I'll be getting a bike rack.

Well, either way, I have found a couple of deals. I'll make a seperate thread for them, to ask for advice, but yeah... we'll see.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome.

where in FL are you

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

jacksonville

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics