Interesting. Subbies really do hold their value
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Interesting. Subbies really do hold their value within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Back in 2002 my dad bought a brand new VW Passat. This was unexpected - basically the old car (a ...

Interesting. Subbies really do hold their value

Back in 2002 my dad bought a brand new VW Passat. This was unexpected - basically the old car (a 92 grand am) suddenly lost a lot of power, turned out to be a blown head gasket.

Anyhow, I mentioned to him at the time he should have gotten a 02 WRX.

So now they're talking about selling the car. It has a lot of nice features and only 60k miles. I like driving it, it's very comfortable.

Private party value of a 02 Passat with 60 miles and the features it has= $6,300

Private Party value of a 02 WRX with 60k miles and the same features = 12,000 - both of these cars at the time had MSRPs around $25k, in fact the VW may have been a tad cheaper but certainly both in the same range.

That makes me feel better about getting the '11 WRX - know that if I ever decide to sell it at the traditional 3 or 5 year marks I should have $8-10k equity (putting 3k down but that basically covers taxes and about $1000 "down").

Considering the 09 WRX's are still selling for $21-24k at stealerships, I feel pretty good about buying a brand new one for $26,000 out the door (includes dealer handling, title and sales tax) - base model with a few upgrades - the mirror w/ compass and homelink, center armrest, floor matts.

-Clovis

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah that was really a deciding factor for me when I was choosing my car. I checked out a used 07 STI with about ~50k km up here in Canada and the dealer was asking for $36k!! (this was in February of this year!) It wasn't a Subaru dealership and I told them I could pick up a brand new 10' STI for about $1500 more and they showed me the door. It's not on their lot anymore so I'm assuming they got close to what they were asking..
    2010 WRX (SWP)
    Cobb Stage 1 - Perrin SS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.