Newbie from Wyo gots a question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie from Wyo gots a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New WRX owner, love it already...header back exhaust, new BOV...about to get a Cobb AP. I am curious...I am going ...

Thumbs up Newbie from Wyo gots a question

New WRX owner, love it already...header back exhaust, new BOV...about to get a Cobb AP. I am curious...I am going to redo my interior with red lighting, and as you all know stock guages are green and kinda ugly. So far I havent found anyone who makes new guages or covers for the stock guages, so I am curious to see if the STI guage cluster will swap direct with my guage cluster. I believe I read that it did, but I am double checking. Unless anyone knows where I can pick up a different set of guages that would be red...let me know
    DJ Nekkid

PS If anyone is within driving distance of Wyo, I own my own custom shop, Insane Kreations, if anyone needs something done, and I mean anything let me know!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy and welcome!

An altternative is a change your current gauge cluster to red. Here is a tutorial on how to do it: Tutorial on changing instrument panel color.

Check out other forums as well.

http://www.scoobymods.com/index.php

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/

A bit time and labor intensive, but if you have the patience and skill that might be the way to go.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome!

I think the DIY method would be your best bet for changing the colors. I'm almost positive that the STi cluster is a clean swap as well.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input!

another question

Alrighty...Sense I have installed the up pipe, down pipe and the exhaust that was already on the car(magnaflow) the car now back fires almost everytime I am shifting out of high rpms...Unfortunatly cobb is way backed up on there orders, and I have a feeling the car is trying to adjust to all the extra air and lack of backpressure and is just sending to much fuel to the car, but i dont know for sure. Anyone have any ideas on this?

And one more question, anyone who is running an cobb AP, I noticed on there website that none of there normal maps are designed with aftermarket intakes...why is that and will it hurt me any when I get my AP having an aftermarket intake already on the car?
    Thanks again for all the help!!
    DJ Nekkid

Quote Originally Posted by DJNEKKID
    Alrighty...Sense I have installed the up pipe, down pipe and the exhaust that was already on the car(magnaflow) the car now back fires almost everytime I am shifting out of high rpms...Unfortunatly cobb is way backed up on there orders, and I have a feeling the car is trying to adjust to all the extra air and lack of backpressure and is just sending to much fuel to the car, but i dont know for sure. Anyone have any ideas on this?

And one more question, anyone who is running an cobb AP, I noticed on there website that none of there normal maps are designed with aftermarket intakes...why is that and will it hurt me any when I get my AP having an aftermarket intake already on the car?
    Thanks again for all the help!!
    DJ Nekkid

Im no expert, but with the aftermarket BOV you will def. be running rich between every shift, and pairing it with a crappy aftermarket intake could make this problem worse. Some aftermarket intakes skew the MAF reading thus affecting the air/fuel ratio. Without proper tuning an aftermarket intake will only hurt you. From what i understand the stock system is good to a large amount of horsepower anyway and the same goes with the stock blow off valve.

Also the maps that cobb offers are only to be paired with their intake system.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.