Took the STi plunge

This is a discussion on Took the STi plunge within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After 6 happy years with an '04 WRX, I decided to go off the deep end, picked up an '11 ...

Cool Took the STi plunge

After 6 happy years with an '04 WRX, I decided to go off the deep end, picked up an '11 STi wagon. Absolutely the most fun car I've ever driven. I know it's going to sting when I have to replace the tires after (hopefully) a year, but holy cow, the grip is just incredible.

I took a look at an Evo before I got the STi. It's a very good car, and I think it's actually a little more technically refined than the STi, but I'm one of those weird people who actually finds the whine of gears and slight whistle from a turbo to be way more enjoyable than most music.

While looking for some mail that went flying during a .7g corner, I noticed there are now cup holders in the back. Do they work, or are they just to aim a beverage in some particular direction before launching it - clutch drop to re-paint the back window, lane change to soak the child in either seat, or mash the brakes and try to catch it as it flies to the front of the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car, congrats.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

So jealous! I want the '11 STI Sedan. 7'55" Nurburgring lap time baby!
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

Nice! I know what you mean about the noise of the drivetrain. I actually have a hard time hearing much of the turbo on my '09 non STI but the drivetrain makes up for it. Makes it sound solid and beefy lol.
    2009 WRX Premium Satin White Pearl
    Engine/Transmission mods:
    Stage 2 Cobb AP, STI Short Throw Shifter, STI Shift Knob, Perrin Downpipe, SPT Catback Exhaust, Perrin Shifter Bushings
    Suspension/Wheels mods:
    Perrin 25mm adjustable front swaybar and 22mm adjustable rear swaybar, Perrin front and rear endlinks

Quote Originally Posted by LetsWRCinmyWRX View Post
    So jealous! I want the '11 STI Sedan. 7'55" Nurburgring lap time baby!
    Not with me behind the wheel. I'm really used to having driving skills beyond what my car can handle. Now, it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Pearl_82 View Post
    Nice! I know what you mean about the noise of the drivetrain. I actually have a hard time hearing much of the turbo on my '09 non STI but the drivetrain makes up for it. Makes it sound solid and beefy lol.
    LOL! On my '04, I had invidia up/down pipes, and the high point of my day was parking in the corporate garage and seeing how many car alarms I could set off. Less than 4 was a bad omen. If I could get 6, I knew I was in for a terrific day.

Welcome... post some pictures of the old and new subbies...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257