My 2011 SWP Sedan came early!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 SWP Sedan came early! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my car a week earlier than I was told and I'm so excited I can't sleep. I ...

My 2011 SWP Sedan came early!

I just got my car a week earlier than I was told and I'm so excited I can't sleep. I drove it around a bit tonight and I'm getting up early for the drive downtown tomorrow! It's even better than I expected and the whole sales experience was painless. I was even impressed with the great (IMO) feel of the short throw shifter I was lucky to get. I have attached the obligatory iPhone photo. Thanks to all for the info and other stuff on the site! BTW, tint is getting done Friday morning so I'll have it done for my 4 day weekend (yay!).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BW SWP WRX.jpg  
    Last edited by Bwig; 10-12-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added more info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Beautiful car, congrats! I hope to feel the same sort of excitement soon.

Congrats!! Mine was scheduled to come 2 weeks ago.. last I heard it was on the truck for transit and delivery last wednesday,... still no call

MORE PICS!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats! I am loving mine so far! Almost 3K on the odometer, still getting around 24-25 mpg on daily commute!
    '11 Red WRX Premium
    '12 Black Camaro 2SS
    '05 Maxima
    '00 Acura TL

"A man's got to know his limitations"
    Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

Another quick pic with tint

I've been rather busy, so I apologize for the lack of quality pics. Here's a quickie after my tint was done a couple days ago. I'm about to get a good camera and find a good place to snap some good pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0158.jpg  
    Last edited by Bwig; 10-18-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added pic

Quote Originally Posted by Bwig View Post
    I've been rather busy, so I apologize for the lack of quality pics. Here's a quickie after my tint was done a couple days ago. I'm about to get a good camera and find a good place to snap some good pics.
    SICK!!!!!!! I have my order in and just waiting for it to show up! I have to know, what % tint do you have on there. Your ride looks so epic! TIA

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Congratulations! I just ordered a very similar car to yours, and your pictures let me know that I made the right choice!

I went with a 2011 SWP Sedan (base), with the short shifter, body side molding, shock sensor, and the red interior illumination.

I'm hoping to get the STI wing added at the dealership when I take delivery, but the parts department is still working on that. Definitely can't go with a naked trunk though!

Enjoy it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    I'm hoping to get the STI wing added at the dealership when I take delivery, but the parts department is still working on that. Definitely can't go with a naked trunk though!

Enjoy it in good health!
    IMHO the naked trunk looks sexy as hell. Not a knock on anyone with a limited/premium or STI, but the lack of a wing is a serious plus for me. Feel free to check out pics in my sig. I'd suggest you at least give it a few days before you do something drastic like drill 16 (???) holes in your trunklid for a wing.

SWP is an amazing color...I go every time I look at mine.

P.S. OP, what is the % tint in the photos above?
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Looks great, very nice indeed...The WRX really does look good in nearly every color/style combo. I do wish they had given the 5-door the same back bumper as the sedan. It looks very sharp...I think the front of the sedan has a slightly different look than the 5-door tho, so we each got a little something different...

I just took a 600mi road trip this last weekend and got over 25mpg. I was shocked. Now, I'm still in my BI period, so I didn't get on it (often). When I did get the RPM's over 4k it wasn't for long so I wasn't in "real world" fuel consumption mode.

I did get to find out how quickly I can get from 100+ to 60mph when a FedEx 2x semi cut me off...not fast enuff to stop the BHP

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    IMHO the naked trunk looks sexy as hell. Not a knock on anyone with a limited/premium or STI, but the lack of a wing is a serious plus for me. Feel free to check out pics in my sig. I'd suggest you at least give it a few days before you do something drastic like drill 16 (???) holes in your trunklid for a wing.

SWP is an amazing color...I go every time I look at mine.
    Yeah, your thread kept coming up when I was searching for SWP pictures on Google, and it definitely had an influence on my decision!

I am still not 100% sure what I want to do about my wing, but I want to at least have my options locked in before I pick up the car. You may be right, I might see it in person and decide that I'm ok without it.

But it's at least easier to negotiate a good price on the add-on now, versus after I take delivery..

You at least made the right call in ordering the base model if you're not sure exactly which wing (if any) you want. The limited/premium wing and the STI wing use completely different mounting holes and are not interchangeable.

Good to know my car is a google celebrity now I'm a ***** for showing her off.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Look at this thread if you haven't already...
    2011 STI sedan Wing on WRX

$1000 is a lot for a mostly cosmetic upgrade. Personally, I would rather spend that on sways, links and shocks that actually improve handling greatly.

i'm also interested in hearing what % tint that is...

this is something i've been struggling with. I think the legal limit in VA is 35% rear/50% front. Is this even a noticeable difference? What $ range am I looking at for a quality job at this %? (wrb sedan btw...no idea when it's coming in)

CA maximum is 30% front (So I know that is what the front will be) with NO RESTRICTIONS (you never hear that term in California) on rear side or rear window darkness.

I can't decide how dark I should go on them.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    CA maximum is 30% front (So I know that is what the front will be) with NO RESTRICTIONS (you never hear that term in California) on rear side or rear window darkness.

I can't decide how dark I should go on them.
    haha i'm jealous...these cars look amazing tinted w/ the new stock wheels (although i'd kill for 18s from the factory in the same style). Tinting just makes the 2011s pop in all colors imo.

Go 0%!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.