New 2011 WRX on order...no boost gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2011 WRX on order...no boost gauge? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'll be ordering my limited 2011 wrx in the next couple of days...I got it all priced out ...

New 2011 WRX on order...no boost gauge?

Hey guys,

I'll be ordering my limited 2011 wrx in the next couple of days...I got it all priced out with my dealer of choice today, but when he went to look for the boost gauge in his system it was not there anymore. It seems like subaru has been complaining about how difficult/time consuming they are to install from the factory? (this doesn't seem likely...)

In any case, i won't be able to get the OEM SPT boost gauge installed from the factory. It would have been $4-500 anyway, but I still think it would have been nice to have (especially if I decide to mod the car).

Has anyone else had problems getting a boost gauge on order from the factory?

Can anyone suggest a nice aftermarket solution that would be mountable on the steering column? (If so, is this a DIY possibility? Or will I need to have it professionally done).

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolycooly
    Can anyone suggest a nice aftermarket solution that would be mountable on the steering column? (If so, is this a DIY possibility? Or will I need to have it professionally done).
    http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Univ...surements.html

They come with pretty decent pods. Alternatively, you can buy aftermarket pods. DIY isn't bad on a boost gauge.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I've heard the SPT boost gauge isn't very accurate anyway, you're better off going aftermarket anyway

Mine was missing from my order also

My dealer had heard something about quality issues. I believe they didn't even find out until the car arrived and my salesperson (who is a rock star) happened to notice it was missing from the list of options I had asked for.

My dealer is in the Minneapolis (Bloomington, MN). The Turbo gauge is a port-installed option, which I assume means it is installed once it gets to the state, not at the factory. Perhaps they were having difficulties installing the gauges? Who knows.

Post up once you find/install an aftermarket one and let us know what you think. I am having trouble imagining the gauge working on the steering column.
    2004 WRX
    Eibach springs, SPT cat-back and intake
    WRXreX's DIY catch-can

get a aftermarket triple pod and add a oil temp and pressure gauge as well as a boost gauge, prosport gauges are quite good

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.