Torn between DGM and SWP - 2011 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Torn between DGM and SWP - 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I'm new here! I drove the 2011 WRX and STI back-to-back today and decided that the STI wasn't ...

Torn between DGM and SWP - 2011 WRX

Hi everyone, I'm new here!

I drove the 2011 WRX and STI back-to-back today and decided that the STI wasn't worth the $10k premium to me, so WRX it is!

I'll most likely be ordering a base hatch, but before doing that, I definitely need to figure out which color to go with. Unfortunately so far I have yet to see one in SWP in person.

My current car is a silver Mazda 3 hatch, which I kind of regret not getting in white. After having seen a silver STI in person, I'm very certain I won't be going with that color this time, popularity and resale value be damned.

I intend to get the taillight overlays with cutouts.

So far this is what I think of the two colors:

DGM
    • Like the stealthy look
    • Too close to black, and shows swirl marks easily?
    • Hides dirt better than white

SWP
    • Better constrast with window frames, lights, grill, wheels and tires, etc.
    • Hides swirl marks
    • Shows dirt easily

Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i personally dont like DGM or any silver/grey car for that matter.

i'd go with SWP.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was torn between silver and dgm, what sold me on dgm were the wheels. They didn't seem to match right to me and I feel the same about them on white, they look aftermarket. They match the dgm perfectly, like they designed them to only sell them on that car. Plus I have a light tint on the windows now... even better, I know I made the right choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I was torn between silver and dgm, what sold me on dgm were the wheels. They didn't seem to match right to me and I feel the same about them on white, they look aftermarket. They match the dgm perfectly, like they designed them to only sell them on that car. Plus I have a light tint on the windows now... even better, I know I made the right choice for me.
    ^^^^^^ What he said!

I got myself a DGM hatch as well. I had to admit that I was torn between DGM and SWP when I placed the order as well!!

Now, after driving the DGM for about two weeks now, I don't regret getting it at all. And the wheels do match the DGM very well.

These 2 colors are my final choices as well. I was riding by the dealer and they had 2 STI' in (both sold). My first time seeing the new STI and WOW, very nice and aggressive looking car.

One was DGM and the other Plasma blue. Both really nice colors. As someone had mentioned the DGM matched up really nicely with the rims, and I thought it looked nicer than the blue. Both colors are good if your into the stealth look, but as my friend that was riding with me pointed out...it's a nice car but if you want that "pow" look at me when I drive by - white would do that over these colors.

I like the extra attention...so I'll probably go for white, but I'm waiting to see it in person first.

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the Club!

White is a lot easier to keep clean than you might think. I had three white cars in a row, the last of which was a 2000 Honda Prelude in pearl white.

Absolutely gorgeous, it hid light scratches and swirl marks very well and was surprisingly easy to keep clean.

That paint was far more durable than the cheap excuse for a supposedly long term pigmented chemical coating that Subaru pretends is paint.

Durability aside, the silver I have now excels in hiding dirt.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Id have to vote swp, cause my last few cars have all been silver...

My next wrx will be wrb, black is a PITA to deal with but looks awesome after you wash it for a few hours...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

swp all the way!!!
    spw 2011 wrx sti hatch

I have a dark gray hatch, and it does look steathly but is a major pain to keep clean. I spent 2-3 hours washing and waxing it yesterday, pulled it in the garage, and haven't moved it since, because I don't want it to get dirty. I love the color though. Next time, it's world rally blue for me too

I Support ClubWRX
    Typical road "dirt" is grayish in color (salt, ground cement / asphalt). This is why silver / gray tones hide dirt well.

Dirt will show up on various shades of blue much more as road dirt is not blue in color. My first car was blue. It turned out to be a PITA to keep looking clean.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

WRB for the win! Its the only car that can pull off the color. My second choice was going to be DGM. I wish the WRX's came in the Plasma Blue.

awesome information. we are on the search of a wrx or sti and this writeup definitely made it a bit easier. I would like to know also about the interiors of either? likes and dislikes?

Thanks again!
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
    AEM EMS Factory Trained
    Haltech Factory Trained
    Cobb Dealer
    Seguimos afinando, vendiendo y jodiendo....Entonces?

In the end I went with SWP. It came down to the fact that washing dirt off is so much easier than getting rid of swirl marks.

I'll be placing an order on Wednesday for a base WRX hatch with only the short-throw and boost gauge options. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    In the end I went with SWP. It came down to the fact that washing dirt off is so much easier than getting rid of swirl marks.

I'll be placing an order on Wednesday for a base WRX hatch with only the short-throw and boost gauge options. Woohoo!
    HA! I was having the same problem. Now I am trying to decide on DGM or WRB. I went to the dealer to look at the colors in person, but they didn't have the WRB in stock. The DGM looks very close to black until you walk up to it. I have a Fiji Blue Pearl Si right now so I don't know if I want something different or stick with a blue car.

I was torn between dgm and wrb for the limited sedan, after seeing both in person at the dealer...I went for wrb, I have a black speed3 hatch now..need a change, and the blue looks amazing against the dark rims.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.