Upgrede exhaust system
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Upgrede exhaust system within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First post, hi all. I am planning on buying the 2011 WRX 5 door in a few months and want ...

Upgrede exhaust system

First post, hi all.

I am planning on buying the 2011 WRX 5 door in a few months and want to know if the upgrader exhaust system ($999) for the 5 door is a good add on, and what would be the benefit performance wise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is it a turboback or catback? Judging by the price I'm assuming it's a tbe. If this is the case you will need to get a tune or some form of engine management. You should hear a noticeble difference in sound as well as an increase in horsepower and torque.

If it's a catback, you will jut hear a difference in sound- not performance.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I'm thinking they maybe refering to the factory spt option. If so, it's not the best flowing, or loudest exhaust. It's nice though, and some people love the more subdude sound. for me it's too quiet, and expensive, especially if u finance it with the car in which case ur paying interest on it for the life of the loan. I will buy after market

loud = attention from cops
    subtle = under cop radar.

Just some things to think about. I see subaru is upping the charge for the spt exhausts. I thought $799 for the 08-10 cars was nuts.. but a G note??? wow.. they really have lost their minds.

I've also heard that the factory exhaust on the 11 cars sounds much better than the factory unit on the 08-10 cars. Dunno, I'd have a listen in person before putting down a G for an exhaust.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Stock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmWKVL22yy4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_No691bpq4

SPT (cat back)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEWnfjnVbPA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS2ILtDzEp8

I opted for the SPT. I like the basic sound and that it is considered "quite". I don't need to wake the neighbors and raise hell, but I want the full boxer sound.

I got mine with VIP pricing (invoice - 2%) so I didn't pay a ton, but it is not cheap. I like the fact that it is factory an covered by warranty too.

is the SPT only an option on the 5-door? (not the sedan?)

The SPT does sound sweet to me. Thanks for the Youtube posting, it sold me especially it will be factory/dealer installed and under the Subaru warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolycooly View Post
    is the SPT only an option on the 5-door? (not the sedan?)
    True, for now. The 5dr is the same as the STi that has been around since 08. The 4dr changed with the wide body. I suspect they are just working on a new design that will be available later.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.