Future WRX owner hopefully....need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Future WRX owner hopefully....need help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I'm looking at purchasing the WRX 5 door limited, oh man what a sweet rig! I'm in the Monterey ...

Future WRX owner hopefully....need help

Ok, I'm looking at purchasing the WRX 5 door limited, oh man what a sweet rig! I'm in the Monterey Bay area and will most likely buy in San Jose or Livermore. No dealers have this car on the lot, special order only, I'm ok with this. So far I have been quoted $600 below invoice, I asked what invoice is and SJ dealer told me right about 28,000, this is for no add ons. The other dealers offer is 27,197.00 + Fees. So both are fairly close, are these guys taking me to the cleaners? I realize this car does cost $ but I do like the leather and HID lights. Also if I were to add on what would you all suggest? Short shifter whats this all about? Thanks so much in advance for any info. Thinking of colors, like the Black but also like the White!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

edmund's shows the invoice price of a 5-door limited as $27,312 (for my area). $28,000 is probably invoice + the $725 destination charge.

The short throw shifter significantly reduces the distance to 'select' and 'shift'. In other words, the travel of the shift knob/lever when shifting. (the stock setup in the 2011 wrx's is pretty long...most people suggest getting the short throw option).

invoice for the short throw is $231

Foolycooly, where are you located? I really appreciate your info. Any other options I should know that would make this car great!

I'm in Centreville, VA (20120).

I'm going to be ordering mine in the next week or so (limited sedan in WR blue). I'm getting the short throw, boost gauge and some kind of knob (probably the leather/aluminum sti one if it doesn't actually say "sti" on it)

I'm mostly getting the limited for the HIDs...the non-leather interior is very nice also.

$600 under invoice is a good price...if you can get near $29,000 out the door (destination + taxes+tags+inspection etc.) then I think you did pretty well.

YEah I hear you the HID I also want the heated seats. I'm working with a dealer here in San Jose CA I said I want 29K out the door I think he thinks i'm crazy! Thats fine I'm moving onto the next dealer

I Live in Mass and I sell cars here, just not Subaru's. I have a price of 27,218 for a limited sedan that I ordered. Honestly that's about $100 above the sales department net cost. invoice-holdback. If your getting low 27's for a price on a limited sedan, you did ok. Now whn your car comes in and they give you way too little for your trade...that's where their ganna try to make their money...I know I would =)

Ok I feel a little better on the lowest price I was offered, 27,193 + fees. However I'm not trading in a car, going to keep my old pick-up for the high school kiddo. Question here, maybe a dumb one but When the Salesman quotes you the price online are they open to negotiate or is that price about as low as they will go. I need to just go and order the WRX and not worry about it I guess, I just don't want to get "raked over the coals" I know the dealer is going to make their money no matter what.

internet pricing is 99% of the time negotiable. however it sounds like that's a fair price. I would try to get some more off(it never nurts) but your getting a fair deal and teh salesman isnt making much except a number for his volume bonus. give him 5's on the new car survey though!!!!

Ok so the dealer called me to tell me they had received the car I want but it's silver and has the GPS. So I went down to take a look. Very nice! Test drove it!!! WOW I'm ordering one promply, the kid (sales consultant) who rode with me said have some fun, so i did! Before I knew it I was flying down the freeway doing 85, felt like I was going about 60! Took it on some twisty roads in the hills as well, he said give a little something something, I did, felt the turbo kick at about 4K+, very nice! This car flat out hugs the road. Car had 4 miles on it, they had just taken it off the truck and was in the detail bay, kind of felt bad opening her up but sales told me to. I'm still on the fence on the White or black, white is nice, black is very nice clean! I do live on a dirty road so leaning toward white! Now I need to order and Wait!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.