LOL....loan value..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on LOL....loan value.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New member here. Hello folks! Anyway, I've been looking for a new ride for about a month now. I finally ...

LOL....loan value..

New member here. Hello folks! Anyway, I've been looking for a new ride for about a month now. I finally found a clean, stock wrx that I like on autotrader. It's an '06 5spd WRX limited with a little over 70k miles and sunroof, leather..blah blah. Anyway, I called the seller and set up a time this weekend to meet with them. They sound pleasant enough so I'm getting excited about getting my new project and began to see myself owning it. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't gonna hit any obsticles on the loan so I go to the bank and talked to my loan officer. This is where I hit the obsticle. The car was listed for $15,500 and, after I talked with them, they agreed to sell it to me for a little less than that. I saw countless other comparible wrx's listed for quite a bit more with less equipment so I think I'm gonna be ok in the bank. To my surprise, she booked it out (NADA) and loan value was 12,100!!! My jaw dropped. That's actually BELOW TRADE IN VALUE!! LOL. She told me that she'd do 12,800 but, if I wanna get it, I have to come up with enough money to make up the difference AND cover $800ish for TT&L. I was just really surprised. Ha, c*ckblocked by loan value. Wtf. So I guess I've gotta decide whether or not I wanna pay $3k just to get into a WRX. I had a modded 03 Si ep3 before this and was REALLY looking forward to the big step up that would be an AWD boosted 2.5l Boxer. I LOVE how they sound and am now wondering what I should do. Anwway, that's my snapshot of now. Nice to meet everbody.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a similar problem. 2 months ago I tried to by a 2008 Legacy GT. I applied for a couple loans and got denied on all of them. I have good credit, as does my wife, and we are both employed fulltime for 2+ years. Private loans suck. I went to a dealership and got a 2010 WRX no problem, low interest rate etc. It sucks man, good luck.

If you got it for $15K, the $3K works out to 20% down. That is a reasonable, dare I say responsible, amount to put down on a car. It might be nice to have no money down, but it can get you in trouble with depreciation should you decide to sell or have an accident.

I suggest you start saving now for this or another car in the near future. It really helps get the loan paid off sooner and you actually end up paying less for the car when you finance less to start with.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.