Loving AWD

This is a discussion on Loving AWD within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Im new to this forum. Been driving my 10 Subaru WRX over a year now. Love the way the ...

Loving AWD

Hello Im new to this forum. Been driving my 10 Subaru WRX over a year now. Love the way the car drives I used to own a 93 toyota MR2 love the way that baby handled. Very impressed with new model WRX plus its pretty roomy...... ^ ^. Did a injen cold air intake system mod so far. Is it possible to hit mid 12's with the mod i have now and downpipe and catback exhaust system also the stage 2 tune from cobbs access port ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Might want to think about getting a tune with that mod.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

WELCOME!!!
    I think some pictures of your ride are needed =)

I dont think mid 12's are quite possible... i'm thinking mid to low 13's are probably more like it.. but if anyone wants to correct me on this.. got for it =) haha
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Injen intake absolutely requires custom tuning for the car. Until you get that taken care of you really should take it off.

Access port Tunning wouldn't be enough then with the cold air intake ?

Thank you for the welcome wagon lol. Yes i will have pictures up by tomorrow i need to wash her first got big bird dudu on my pasanger front door. LOL

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CharcoWrx10 View Post
    Access port Tunning wouldn't be enough then with the cold air intake ?
    It would have to be a custom tune made for the car with that intake on it. You can't use the free OTS maps.

So would a access port be worth buying if i wanted to hit mid 12s ??

I recommend that you get a pro-tune. Treat your car nicely and it will last a long time. Research each and every mod thoroughly to save yourself money. Honestly I would recommend that you work on paying off the car before you start seriously modding. Good luck.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by CharcoWrx10 View Post
    So would a access port be worth buying if i wanted to hit mid 12s ??
    Theoretically, the car could be in the 12's with a stage 2 tune and TBE. But... more depends on the driver to get you there

Im assuming TBE= turbo back exhaust if so im looking into cobbs downpipe and SPT cat back exhaust. Plus i like how the combo sounds ^ ^. Would like to hear others feedback on different companys as well. Plus ill most will put back on the stock intake when i bring it to the track and see how i run stock. I was pretty good at launching my MR car. I got the shifting down on the subu. Heard the 5 speed trans are like glass so cant be quick shifting it. Just need to practice launching AWD. What would be a good rpm to ride the clutch out from a launch ??

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    I recommend that you get a pro-tune. Treat your car nicely and it will last a long time. Research each and every mod thoroughly to save yourself money. Honestly I would recommend that you work on paying off the car before you start seriously modding. Good luck.
    I hear yay on that halfway down with loan ^-^....... i would say im a reserved driver so treating the baby nicely is like a everyday thing for me. plus just want to stick with basic bolt ons for now. Saving money for house is my main priority. Once you go All wheel drive your handles is more alive..