new to subaru and to turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new to subaru and to turbo within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I jus bought a 2004 wrx in blue 76k, never dealt with subaru or turbo I am actually a ...

new to subaru and to turbo

So I jus bought a 2004 wrx in blue 76k, never dealt with subaru or turbo I am actually a honda enthusiast but I live in ny and honda can't handle snow too well I've always liked wrxs but jus sacrificed awd for vtec lol....well anyways ima big guy and these bucket seats aren't really for me but I got the car for good price so ill either lose some weight or manage somehow....but out of curiosity can I put put stock impreza seats in my car without having to mod anything b/c those seats are much more big boi friendly.

Now any advice u guys have I'm lookin to make around 400 hp can I reach that with stock turbo/motor since this will be my daily not lookin to over do it for now until I buy a beater....and I hear good things about dynoflash in ct..is it worth making a trip over there from ny or can I find a good place closer....thanks for any info it is really appriciated as I'm still learning to manuver the site....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First of all, welcome to the site

Where in NY you live?

You should be able to swap seats pretty easily if you have the mechanical know-how.

You'll be ouside the limits of reliability for the motor and transmission at your desired power level. Until you have another vehicle to drive and the money to replace the broken parts, lower your goals.

As for "where to go", there are a bunch of decent places in the northeast. I have no personal experience with DynoFlash. Maybe someone on here has, and can chime in.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome, first off.

Second off, read this thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ghlight=400+hp
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

thanks to both you guys for your input\t and although i am noob to subaru and awd. driving is something i can handle although i havent high horsepower cars as daly drivers ive made low 11 and 12 sec passes in friends evos at the track and my friends and i have an all motor civic that hit 10s not with me as driver my best was 11.4 but i can handle power, i jus know turbo involvement/maintaince/upgrade def involves deeper pockets than civic modding that am used to and i know im not getting to 400 whp over night nor am i expecting it is just a goal i set for myself and wondering if it cud haven been done on stock motor, thinks for the info and im lookin forward to puttin up pics, mods, etc up soon....def need to do some more hwk and research on how these babies run

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    First of all, welcome to the site

Where in NY you live?

You should be able to swap seats pretty easily if you have the mechanical know-how.

You'll be ouside the limits of reliability for the motor and transmission at your desired power level. Until you have another vehicle to drive and the money to replace the broken parts, lower your goals.

As for "where to go", there are a bunch of decent places in the northeast. I have no personal experience with DynoFlash. Maybe someone on here has, and can chime in.
    and i live in yonkers, ny

Not a problem. Link I provided was just to show you what kind of work goes into a 400 whp subaru. I'm sure you're capable and responsible enough to handle her.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

Man I sure am gonna miss my supercharged 02 tl-s but I can tell already this forum is gonna be the place loook at if I have any questions or need advice.....awd ftw!......by the way any good website for c/f parrts I'm think bout doing the whole front and trunk....wat do u guys think???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.