In the market for a 2011 wrx sedan...HID option?

This is a discussion on In the market for a 2011 wrx sedan...HID option? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, New to the forums, but have been a lifetime WRX/STI fan. I'm to the point now where I ...

In the market for a 2011 wrx sedan...HID option?

Hey guys,

New to the forums, but have been a lifetime WRX/STI fan. I'm to the point now where I can afford one, so I'm looking to buy in the next couple of weeks.

When I first started my search, I had my heart set on a 06/07 STi...they have always been my dream car. However, when I went to check out an '07 near my house, the dealer had just gotten a 2011 sedan on the lot. I've never been a fan of the hatchback styling, so I was blown away with the new remodel for 2011. I took it for a spin and was delighted to see that there wasn't an enormous (however, noticeable) difference between it and the '07 STi in terms of performance (especially 0-60 range).

Since the base/premium models are in the same price range as the STis I was looking at, I think I may just pull the trigger on a new, less powerful WRX. I've been toying with all of the different options...I believe I will be able to get the car at or near invoice. I would really really like to have the HIDs...but it seems this is only an option on the limited WRXs. Does anyone know if the dealer can/will install SPT HIDs on a base or premium model? If not, are there good aftermarket kits that I could get installed that would look as clean?

Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'd need to purchase the complete headlight assembly from a premium model or a retrofit. Neither one will be cheap. You're better off buying the limited model in the first place for the leather seats and moonroof...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah...becomes an affordability issue...fully loaded the car goes from ~25.5k to over 31k haha.

Anyway...maybe i'll skip on the navigation/media system in favor of going the limited route. I would think something like a built-in nav would be easier to do aftermarket than HIDs would be.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolycooly
    Anyway...maybe i'll skip on the navigation/media system in favor of going the limited route. I would think something like a built-in nav would be easier to do aftermarket than HIDs would be.
    An aftermarket H/U isn't too difficult to install, and will be money better spent IMO
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC