In the market for a 2011 wrx sedan...HID option?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on In the market for a 2011 wrx sedan...HID option? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, New to the forums, but have been a lifetime WRX/STI fan. I'm to the point now where I ...

In the market for a 2011 wrx sedan...HID option?

Hey guys,

New to the forums, but have been a lifetime WRX/STI fan. I'm to the point now where I can afford one, so I'm looking to buy in the next couple of weeks.

When I first started my search, I had my heart set on a 06/07 STi...they have always been my dream car. However, when I went to check out an '07 near my house, the dealer had just gotten a 2011 sedan on the lot. I've never been a fan of the hatchback styling, so I was blown away with the new remodel for 2011. I took it for a spin and was delighted to see that there wasn't an enormous (however, noticeable) difference between it and the '07 STi in terms of performance (especially 0-60 range).

Since the base/premium models are in the same price range as the STis I was looking at, I think I may just pull the trigger on a new, less powerful WRX. I've been toying with all of the different options...I believe I will be able to get the car at or near invoice. I would really really like to have the HIDs...but it seems this is only an option on the limited WRXs. Does anyone know if the dealer can/will install SPT HIDs on a base or premium model? If not, are there good aftermarket kits that I could get installed that would look as clean?

Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'd need to purchase the complete headlight assembly from a premium model or a retrofit. Neither one will be cheap. You're better off buying the limited model in the first place for the leather seats and moonroof...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah...becomes an affordability issue...fully loaded the car goes from ~25.5k to over 31k haha.

Anyway...maybe i'll skip on the navigation/media system in favor of going the limited route. I would think something like a built-in nav would be easier to do aftermarket than HIDs would be.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolycooly
    Anyway...maybe i'll skip on the navigation/media system in favor of going the limited route. I would think something like a built-in nav would be easier to do aftermarket than HIDs would be.
    An aftermarket H/U isn't too difficult to install, and will be money better spent IMO
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.