Coming from mazdaspeed 3 to 2011 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Coming from mazdaspeed 3 to 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Get the Kartboy tic kit. I got the sti ss, and it wasnt cutting it. Just the lever and pivot ...

Get the Kartboy tic kit. I got the sti ss, and it wasnt cutting it. Just the lever and pivot bushings made a huge difference. Im looking forward to the rest. Plus a nice knob...mmm!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mesarec View Post
    How are the WRX 5 speeds. Is it "slower" meaning more lag because not always in the power band than a 6 speed. or the same once you figure it out.
    The 5-speed is not slower than the close-ratio 6-speed. Instead, it gives you more speed per gear. E.g. When I was cruising at 80mph in my RX8, it was on 6th gear with 4,000 rpm or so. But with the WRX, I can cruise at 80mph with only 3,200-3,500 rpm on 5th gear.

The 5-speed might not work as well as the close-ratio 6 on a track, but IMO it works better as for daily-driver cars.
    2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

Thank you for only making me feel slightly stupid...

How are the WRX 5 speeds. Is it "slower" meaning more lag because not always in the power band than a 6 speed. or the same once you figure it out.

There's no such thing as a stupid question

A lot of people claim the WRX is actually faster from 0-60 than the STI (but be careful who you say that too...they'll call you an idiot ) because you can get to 60 in second gear, wheras the 6 speed in the STI require an additional shift into 3rd to get to 60. Extra shift=more time wasted changing gears.

Whether a 5 speed is "faster" than a 6 speed is probably impossible to anwer...especially depending on how you define "faster" or "slower".
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

true. my speed3 i had to shift to 5th about 200 feet from the end of a quarter mile ..sucks when just that adds to your time. I've always seen performance cars with 6speed manual. Hence why I'm apprehensive about the 5 speed...even though i already ordered the car. HA.
    I just need to dam car in my driveway and be done with it. I picked DGM and cant even decide if THATS the right color choice..aaahhhhhh

true. my speed3 i had to shift to 5th about 200 feet from the end of a quarter mile ..sucks when just that adds to your time. I've always seen performance cars with 6speed manual. Hence why I'm apprehensive about the 5 speed...even though i already ordered the car. HA.
    I just need to dam car in my driveway and be done with it. I picked DGM and cant even decide if THATS the right color choice..aaahhhhhh
    The DGM color is awesome!!! I picked up my 5 door a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier about the color. I wanted black or white but I've always been a sucker for the gun metal look. Cloudy days it looks nice and stealthy but in the sun it has some gorgeous shine to it! I get comments all the time and it looks imo the best with the stock wheels. I use to have a S2000 and I look back at my wrx way more times when leaving it in it's parking space going to work =)!
    2011 DGM WRX Limited 5 Door

Quote Originally Posted by mrwakeboard View Post
    The DGM color is awesome!!! I picked up my 5 door a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier about the color. I wanted black or white but I've always been a sucker for the gun metal look. Cloudy days it looks nice and stealthy but in the sun it has some gorgeous shine to it! I get comments all the time and it looks imo the best with the stock wheels. I use to have a S2000 and I look back at my wrx way more times when leaving it in it's parking space going to work =)!

I've caught myself looking back at my 2011 more than a few times as I'm walking into work as well.

They're awesome looking cars, but everyone knows SWP is the best color
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12