Buying 5-Door WRX 2011 ( need advice)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Buying 5-Door WRX 2011 ( need advice) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys, I'm planning in buying my very first WRX next year and I'm so excited! There's so much snow ...

Buying 5-Door WRX 2011 ( need advice)

Hello guys,

I'm planning in buying my very first WRX next year and I'm so excited! There's so much snow in Canada, so the AWD will come in handy for sure.

I have a few questions, and some must be really nubbish, but I dont know alot about cars

1) I'm planning in buying the Limited edition with Sunroof, heated seats and leather for my 5-door WRX. Are they any options that I should add that everyone gets? In terms of performance and comfort?

Any advice is appreciated!

2) This is my first car equipped with a turbo. Is there any speacial maintenance to be done on this?

And will it make the "cool" turbo noise when I shift gears, or do I need to buy speacial parts for this?

Thanks for letting me know

-Jamie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The cool turbo noise you're talking about is a blow-off valve. The pssssst noise right? I don't suggest getting a bov for these cars...if you want to hear the turbo spooling more and the stock bov a little as well, an open air intake will help. But generally speaking bovs are more trouble than they're worth and will likely give you problems of some kind.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Thanks for the advice

Btw , you order anything speacial on your 5door?

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    The cool turbo noise you're talking about is a blow-off valve. The pssssst noise right? I don't suggest getting a bov for these cars...if you want to hear the turbo spooling more and the stock bov a little as well, an open air intake will help. But generally speaking bovs are more trouble than they're worth and will likely give you problems of some kind.
    There is also a thread here about an intake silencer delete, haven't heard one but people say it gives you some of that sound you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    There is also a thread here about an intake silencer delete, haven't heard one but people say it gives you some of that sound you are looking for
    I don't think the 3g WRX have the silencers.

Quote Originally Posted by armindk View Post
    I don't think the 3g WRX have the silencers.
    I guess that would make it a little difficult to remove then

Leather isn't much fun in the cold, nor is a sunroof, but to each their own. You should order the car exactly how you want it

One option most recommend (and I ordered on my 2011) is the short-throw shifter. It makes shifts shorter and feels sportier. I have the factory short-throw and highly recommend it. Others on this forum swear by an aftermarket short throw shifter called the Kartboy. Either way, you'll prefer them over the stock shifter.

Agree with those above...BOV's are a waste of money and a real annoyance in 99% of applications.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

There was a lot of talk on NASIOC about the body side moldings to prevent door dings, so I ordered that on mine. I've also heard a bunch about how well the autodimming mirror is, so I got that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Leather isn't much fun in the cold...
    That's what the heated seats are for.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by jamios28 View Post
    Btw , you order anything speacial on your 5door?
    I splurged excessively and got a base model with only the arm-rest extender lol. I wanted a short-shifter kit but they wouldn't let me order one because Subaru is out of stock and way behind filling those orders apparently.

I figured I could always go back to a dealer and get some of the accessories down the road...or find some used in the classifieds. I'm not too much of a fully-loaded car kinda guy...I like the bare essentials and the base WRX was a perfect fit.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Thanks guys for all the responses
    Will check out those options.

I also wanted to know ;

I plan on buying my wrx 2011 next year. Will the price drop
    Significally when the 2012 comes out? Like 2-4 k ?

And will the financing rate lower to 1-2% instead of 5%?
    thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    I splurged excessively and got a base model with only the arm-rest extender lol. I wanted a short-shifter kit but they wouldn't let me order one because Subaru is out of stock and way behind filling those orders apparently.

I figured I could always go back to a dealer and get some of the accessories down the road...or find some used in the classifieds. I'm not too much of a fully-loaded car kinda guy...I like the bare essentials and the base WRX was a perfect fit.
    Agreed! I got a base with no options. The way I see it, I don't want to finance accesories for 5 years at 4% if I can buy them outright and save that money. It's like refinancing your house to buy a car, making payments and paying interest for 30 years on a car you can finance for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Agreed! I got a base with no options. The way I see it, I don't want to finance accesories for 5 years at 4% if I can buy them outright and save that money. It's like refinancing your house to buy a car, making payments and paying interest for 30 years on a car you can finance for 5 years.
    AGREED. The only options I ordered on my base WRX were the armrest extension and the short-throw because I hated the stock shifter.

Why pay a bunch of money for things up front...and then also pay for them over the life of the loan?
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Go get yourself and extra set of rims/snow tires for the winter months.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

pricing

as far as pricing. I just ordered a 2011 limited wrx sedan and got $1,000 below invoice. MSRP in my area is $29720 and I got it for $27,218. Invoice is 28,2??. Felt like it was a good deal..considering I sell cars for a dif dealer anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by jamios28 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the responses
    Will check out those options.

I also wanted to know ;

I plan on buying my wrx 2011 next year. Will the price drop
    Significally when the 2012 comes out? Like 2-4 k ?

And will the financing rate lower to 1-2% instead of 5%?
    thanks guys.
    This is where I got stuck. I waited until March to look into buying a 2010, to find out there were no more in the state! I ended up having to wait until August to place my order for a 2011. It worked out for the best 'cause I was able to plunk 30% down on the car.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I did manage to get the short throw shifter. It feels like 3" between 1st & 2nd gears. I REALLY like it.
    Last edited by AmateurX; 10-04-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: oops
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast