I'm going from a 2009 to a 2011 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I'm going from a 2009 to a 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own a 2009 WRX now and just ordered a new 2011 WRX both 5-doors. Has anybody done the same? ...

I'm going from a 2009 to a 2011 WRX

I own a 2009 WRX now and just ordered a new 2011 WRX both 5-doors. Has anybody done the same? If so what’s the major difference. Not what they say online, because I have read all the reviews. I want someone who actually owns one. Thanks for the input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 09ANDYWRX View Post
    If so what’s the major difference.
    probably shouldve asked that BEFORE ordering.

welcome to the club. hopefully someone can chime in who has done the same.

the only differences i'm aware of are the body (obviously) & i think i read somewhere the suspension might be a little bit different.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

wide body = wider track both frnt and rear. minor suspension tuning differences. new 17" wheels. quad exhaust like the sti.

not enough for me to want to upgrade. i personally am not a huge fan of the wide fender/quarter panel look
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

09 vs 11 wrx

Thanks for the input so far. I have read all the reviews and info that is available online. So I know about the wide body, minor suspension work and things like that. What I am interested in knowing is if someone has already upgraded and what they think about the new car over the old.

you drive an 09 every day. just go test drive a 2011...
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by 09ANDYWRX View Post
    Thanks for the input so far. I have read all the reviews and info that is available online. So I know about the wide body, minor suspension work and things like that. What I am interested in knowing is if someone has already upgraded and what they think about the new car over the old.
    Agree with the poster above.

You probably aren't going to notice much of a difference at all. Same motor, same tranny, etc. Supposedly a slightly stiffer suspension, wider track, wider wheels/tires, and the cosmetics are the only differences...as well as the bluetooth audio.

The only way you will know is to drive the car yourself and see what you think. Why did you order the car if you're not sure of the differences?
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Ok, maybe I'm not making myself clear. I obv have test drove a 2011. I obv know the diff between the cars. You can read all you want, test drive the car, but driving it on a daily basis is a totally diff story. Thats why I asked. So once again if anybody has gone from a 2009 or 2010 to a 2011 I would appreciate your input. Like " wow your gonna love it" " The handling is total diff " " the blue tooth works great" or " i didn't notice a huge diff" " It handles the same"

I know that every little thing I did to my 09 I noticed a diff. That's why I'm asking. Wider track, stiff suspention, wider tires I'm sure it's going to handle totaly diff from my 09.

Sorry but I ordered the car and I'm excited. I just want some input on what I am going to expect. Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Apologies for not directly addressing your question, but have you checked to see if this makes financial sense for you?

Automotive manufacturers desperately want us to change out cars every two years, but for most it's not really a wise choice...especially when you're basically trading up to a car that's 99% identical to the car you already have.

Obviously I don't know the specifics of your situation. Best of luck with it..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

What Subaru changed on the 2011 and for me to upgrade from a 2009 to a 2011 with 18000 miles less, It's well worth the $4000.

The 2011 WRX sedan and hatchback receive the aggressive, wide-body design of the STI, including its quad-tipped exhaust. Track increases of 1.3 inches in front and 1.5 inches in the rear—coming in part from the lighter, wider 17-inch wheels (eight inches wide versus seven)—ensure that the newly flared fenders are filled. As expected given the wheel widening, the Dunlop SP Sport 01 skins increase in width from 225 millimeters to 235. The chassis changes are rounded out by stiffer rear subframe bushings. Inside, new carbon-colored trim accents the top of the dash. A revised audio system includes Bluetooth, steering wheel controls and iPod connectivity as standard.
    Last edited by 09ANDYWRX; 10-01-2010 at 08:01 PM.

You are really not going to find many people going from an 09 to an 11. And if they have then they have only have had the car for a couple weeks or a month and probably don't have a whole lot of feedback to give you.

Plus, you already KNOW the answer! It's going to be essentially the same car with different looks, slightly better handling and slightly upgraded stereo and a new exhaust system. This will all equal a slightly more enjoyable experience!

By the time you find someone to give you a real answer you'll probably have the car yourself and know.

For what it's worth, probably the MAJOR difference you'll find is that the exhaust sounds better and you have a little more grip near the limit and that every time you walk to your car and see it's new body it'll put a grin on your face.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I imagine the 11 will hold value better than the 08-10. So you may get a bit of that 4 grand back in a couple years when you replace the 11.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.