New Guy in Pittsburgh
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Guy in Pittsburgh within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New to the forum and new Subaru owner. I finally bought a WRX and would like to get to know ...

New Guy in Pittsburgh

New to the forum and new Subaru owner. I finally bought a WRX and would like to get to know some people on here and possibly some from around the 'Burgh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm in the Ligonier/Latrobe area, welcome. What year and any plans with it? There is autocross at the north hills park pool in the spring and fall. It will be my third one this sunday, check it out.

7n7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
    I'm in the Ligonier/Latrobe area, welcome. What year and any plans with it? There is autocross at the north hills park pool in the spring and fall. It will be my third one this sunday, check it out.
    I totally forgot about that!

I'm in the Burgh as well. Currently in the Crafton area, but moving to the North Hills in November/end of October. Where abouts are you?

And congrats on the car, where did you get it from? I just got mine last Saturday from Baierl Subaru up on 19

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by 7n7 View Post
    I totally forgot about that!

I'm in the Burgh as well. Currently in the Crafton area, but moving to the North Hills in November/end of October. Where abouts are you?

And congrats on the car, where did you get it from? I just got mine last Saturday from Baierl Subaru up on 19
    I live in Ligonier, about a little over an hour away from north hills. I bought mine from Delaney Subaru in Indiana, PA. I probably won't go back there, they haven't touched the car since it's first oil change. The "Subaru" technician overfilled the car with oil enough that I had to redrain it and do it over. I do almost all the work now, and found a great local mechanic next to where I work.

7n7
    I live in Ligonier, about a little over an hour away from north hills. I bought mine from Delaney Subaru in Indiana, PA. I probably won't go back there, they haven't touched the car since it's first oil change. The "Subaru" technician overfilled the car with oil enough that I had to redrain it and do it over. I do almost all the work now, and found a great local mechanic next to where I work.
    I hate hearing about places that sell you the car and give it to you in a crappy condition. Glad you found a good mechanic and working on cars yourself is always a good time.

I'll be at the meet on sunday, great place to thrash your new ride. The details are at nhscc.com, 25 bucks to get 6 runs, bring a helmet, or borrow one. Registration is from 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m.

7n7
    I'll be at the meet on sunday, great place to thrash your new ride. The details are at nhscc.com, 25 bucks to get 6 runs, bring a helmet, or borrow one. Registration is from 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m.
    Thanks for the link, it'll be a little while before I go to one of those. First manual car, and only half way through the break in period (got it this past Saturday though).

Sounds good, free to watch though and can learn a lot while being there.

Congrats and welcome. Hope to see you around sometime.

Im from Greensburg, so im realy close to you dan, I've probably seen you around. Im at the EnP and Dennys alot in latrobe.

I'm actually from the Plum/Monroeville area, but I work on the other side of town (long trip every day). I actually bought my 09 at North Star Chevrolet in Moon Township. I haven't done anything with it yet short of tearing off the dealership sticker . I'm not real sure what my plans are for it yet, since I'm still paying off school loans as well as the car payment. I plan on trying it out at a few autocross events sometime. There is usually one where I went to college in Erie every year that I plan on attending. I have a few other friends that run around up there that will be attending as well. I hope to see some of you around sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch43343 View Post
    I'm actually from the Plum/Monroeville area, but I work on the other side of town (long trip every day).
    Lol thats funny. I work in Monroeville, and live on the other side of Greensburg.

Good luck with the new car. Modding is infectious...I told myself i was only going to buy floor mats....and a few months later I'm stage 2 .

Edit: By the way...Sweet Color choice
    Can I skip stage 3 and go directly to win?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.