blown motor help

This is a discussion on blown motor help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have an 05 wrx with an auto trans. i blew the crank shaft bearing. any idea how or why ...

blown motor help

i have an 05 wrx with an auto trans. i blew the crank shaft bearing. any idea how or why this would happen? what can i do so i dont have to buy a motor again? thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is this a car you've owned since new and not modified in any way? Was there oil in the car?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

only had the car for 3 months. i put a k&n cold air, lowering springs and new shocks on it. i had the oil change to royal purple 2 weeks before it happend.

You might have over revved, but that should not have happened because you have a limiter. You could have done it if you missed a gear while down shifting say from 5 and you hit second, there is no limiter from stopping you from over revving besides locking the tires up. I am not saying you did this but it is a possibility.
    STIzzy!

Well never mind. I thought it was a manny.
    STIzzy!

Quote Originally Posted by 05 bum subby View Post
    only had the car for 3 months. i put a k&n cold air, lowering springs and new shocks on it. i had the oil change to royal purple 2 weeks before it happend.
    if you've only owned the car for 3 months its very possible that the previous owner drove the crap out of it/abused it and/or drove it with little or no oil at some point

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hmm. i wonder if it has to do w/ the royal purple. there are several threads about it being bad for subarus. i dont really recall why exactly but just do a quick search & you'll probably find the threads.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.