Newbie here!

This is a discussion on Newbie here! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I've been trolling around here a little bit and everyone seems really positive and helpful. I'm about to ...

Newbie here!

Hey all, I've been trolling around here a little bit and everyone seems really positive and helpful.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2011 WRX premium sedan but wanted some insight on ride comfort.

I'm from NYC and this state is known for Godzilla size pot holes and bumps. It's one of the main reasons I'm not opting for the STI - too stiff.

I've driven a BMW 335i coupe with sports package and the performance is nice but its just a bit too stiff for comfort (yeah I'm getting old)... How would the ride on the WRX compare, softer, firmer?

Thx!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For a performance car, I find it quite soft. It's not that you don't feel the bumps, they are just well controlled. Of course, I drove a S2000 for many years, so almost anything feels soft after that.

The ride is on the "soft" side along with great handling. Absolutely great for northern roads, bumps, snow, etc. It was almost too soft for the smooth roads I experienced in FL versus New England. I had no complaints about ride or road noise in my 2010 WRX.

7n7
    I have the 2011 premium hatch, and it is a real smooth ride. I live in Pittsburgh so our roads are crap. If you are looking for a comfortable ride with some power and awd...this is a great car.

This is great information. I'm that much closer picking up this car now.