engine check light on
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on engine check light on within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi all im new to this site iv recently rebuilt my engine and on running in the check light came ...

engine check light on

hi all im new to this site iv recently rebuilt my engine and on running in the check light came on i checked the codes an it came up with maf. the engine would only rev to 3000 i put a new one on reset ecu and two weeks later its back on with same symptoms iv done just over a 1000miles on rebuild and waiting to do at least 2000 b4 getting a simtek fitted with launch and antilag has anyone had this problem b4
    thanks lee.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Post the code number.

Check for vacuum leaks and the connection to the FPR.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks for reply
    the codes it threw were
    23 maf
    24 iac
    31 tp sensor i changed maf an it run grate til today i was giving it a little rev got to 150mph (off road of corse lol) til the wife shouted so backed off then it done wot it did a few weeks ago just put check light on and wouldnt rev over 3000 gonna check volt to maf i could have a bad wire causing damage to maf the enging is perfect and ready for standalone its fully forged with 93mm pistons kent cams and a nice scoobyclinic turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Did it overboost by any chance?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

1. Please learn how to properly use punctuation and you're more likely to get help. My head hurts from the run on sentences.
    2. What mods does your car have or is it just a stock car with a rebuilt engine?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

hi no over boost as only running 12psi.
    the car has unequal length manifold ,100 cel sports cat and 3inch system, forged internals, ported and polished heads with head stud kit and 1.6mm comtec gaskets, oil catch tank fitted still running stock injectors yellow 440cc, will be upgrading to 550 or 740 when i take to get simtek or solaris fitted. big brake conversion (GOD SPEED) coilovers, fmic,
    Last edited by my99 lee; 09-27-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

Hi Lee and welcome are you also on cumbrian scoobs ?
    if not you may want to join up and post your questions on there too mate

Click: cumbrianscoobs.co.uk/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

hi thanks for the link iv joined today.
    gonna do some checks tommorrow see if i can find any broken wires. roll on the standalone an get rid of the maf

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.