Why the insurance?! :(
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why the insurance?! :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was hoping to get a 2002 WRX until I called the insurance company. I have a 100% clean record, ...

Why the insurance?! :(

I was hoping to get a 2002 WRX until I called the insurance company. I have a 100% clean record, too. I currently drive an 01 Lexus IS300 and pay $130/mo. The lady at the insurance office quoted me $180/mo! Why such an increase, what do others pay?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx. View Post
    I was hoping to get a 2002 WRX until I called the insurance company. I have a 100% clean record, too. I currently drive an 01 Lexus IS300 and pay $130/mo. The lady at the insurance office quoted me $180/mo! Why such an increase, what do others pay?
    im 18 and my insurance on my wrx with a clean record is a a little over 200 a month thats why im selling my car its killing me

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

23, clean record 2010 wrx.. about $90 a month.

Got a letter in the mail from subaru about "oh hey! try liberty mutual.. they'll give ya good deal".. called for a quote.. 180 a month.. lol what?

rates probably depend a lot on how long you/parents have been with the same insurance company.. how many wrecks.. your agent.. etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

A lot depends on how old you are and where you live.

48 + outer suburban Philly + clean record + multi policy discount = ~ $90 a month from Allstate.

My location is what hurts my rate the most.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Im 19, live in Spokane WA and am on my own plan.

24 and wife is 28 married slc, ut 06 wrx and 04 montero sport homeowner + multi polocy & car discount 160 a month... the subaru's portion is 85 a month for full coverage...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    It depends on where you live, how much you drive, and your particular record too, but all the highly skilled owners wrapping their cars around trees aren't helping anyone's rates. Some of them hit stuff so hard they don't even help the used parts market.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx.
    Im 19...on my own plan.
    Bend over
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

24 with 2 1-19mph over tickets and accident (not at fault) pay $666 every 6 so $111/month . This is with Progressive since I had Allstate with my old car and they wanted $1,550 every 6 (~$260/month) for the 04 WRX.

26 & married, with a clean driving record (until recently).Paying $105/mo for an 05 WRX and a 08 Chevy HHR Lt. The Impreza's share is around $80/mo. I guess that's the downside of owning a car that a bunch of idio... I mean, really skilled drivers drive too fast and wrap around trees.

If you don't like it, go drive a Toyota.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon - 3" TBE w/ SPT Catback, Cobb Stage 2 91 Octane map...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx. View Post
    Im 19, live in Spokane WA and am on my own plan.
    God have mercy on your soul.

Its expensive because of the little wonderful snail shaped thing under your hood that makes the car "dangerous" because all the wanna be ken blocks

Just imagine if it were a two door
    Put aside the everyday world and come with us
    Into the realm of imagination
    The middle ground between light and shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Asian View Post
    24 with 2 1-19mph over tickets and accident (not at fault) pay $666 every 6 so $111/month . This is with Progressive since I had Allstate with my old car and they wanted $1,550 every 6 (~$260/month) for the 04 WRX.
    me as well I got a few tickets when I was 18. With proggressive im paying $102/full and Allstate wanted like 450/full, I was like sorry they wanted me to write my car off every month I was like no thank you. so yeah the insurance is gonna kill your pocket book but I love my subie and its worth 10 times the blue book to me, but hey thats just me.

Im 19 and live in Idaho, my insurance on my 04 WRX with a perfectly clean record is $150/month.
    THE BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #80

Progressive insurance..

I am 24 previously owned a 97 celica gt my policy was 62 dollars a month.

Now that I own my 2002 SUbaru wrx wagon i pay 58 dollars a month a small decrease .

I live in Huntington Beach, Ca 92647

clean record

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.