Why the insurance?! :( - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why the insurance?! :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The highest possible rating is a 25, which is what an STi or my 911 Turbo is. Let's not even ...

The highest possible rating is a 25, which is what an STi or my 911 Turbo is.

Let's not even get into what I pay for insurance. Let's just say you could afford a very nice car (or two) every month!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    The highest possible rating is a 25, which is what an STi or my 911 Turbo is.

Let's not even get into what I pay for insurance. Let's just say you could afford a very nice car (or two) every month!
    What's the acceleration like in your 911 and does it kinda taper off on the top end or does it just keep going like a bat out of hell?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    3 cars w/full coverage + renters insurance. Premiums are $172 month. USAA FTW!
    Seriously, thank God for USAA! I'm 23, married, multiple-cars, renter's insurance, legacy member, clean record and my 2003 WRX is about 70bucks a month. A chunk of change but it could be much much worse

You guys were freaking me out with all of these horror stories so I called my insurance company to get a quote on my 2011 WRX (just have the VIN right now). Going from my 06 Honda Ridgeline to a 11 WRX will increase my premiums $67 every 6 months. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    What's the acceleration like in your 911 and does it kinda taper off on the top end or does it just keep going like a bat out of hell?
    At 150 it's still pulling hard. Keep in mind my STi was stage 2 and there's no comparison, especially as you approach 100 and beyond. Hitting 100 is a joke. 120 or 130 is still a joke. You don't even notice the car trying at all until you get to about 140, and even then it's not really trying yet. A lot of people that have tuned Subarus putting out 400 HP think they pull hard and sure they'll do 150 for sure, but there's no comparison. When you have a car that'll do 150 without even trying the difference really becomes apparent. Having a stage 2 STi to compare back to back with it made me realize how huge the difference really is.

But that's a big reason I just had to renew my insurance for over $8k for the next 6 months for just 2 of my cars. Ouch.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    At 150 it's still pulling hard. Keep in mind my STi was stage 2 and there's no comparison, especially as you approach 100 and beyond. Hitting 100 is a joke. 120 or 130 is still a joke. You don't even notice the car trying at all until you get to about 140, and even then it's not really trying yet. A lot of people that have tuned Subarus putting out 400 HP think they pull hard and sure they'll do 150 for sure, but there's no comparison. When you have a car that'll do 150 without even trying the difference really becomes apparent. Having a stage 2 STi to compare back to back with it made me realize how huge the difference really is.

But that's a big reason I just had to renew my insurance for over $8k for the next 6 months for just 2 of my cars. Ouch.
    Yeah I can imagine... german engineering is probally the best in the world... the fastest car I've driven is my cousin's supercharged lotus and that thing pulls like a bat out of hell, but a 911 is 1 of the hardest accelerating cars made... my uncle has an m5 and it pulls pretty damn hard, he said it doesn't even feel like its going over 100mph when it does... but a 911 turbo is a whole other ball game... your insurance is higher then my house payment, but its worth it for what you get to drive... is your mercedes the amg package?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    ~45% more displacement
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by wrx. View Post
    Im 19, live in Spokane WA and am on my own plan.
    what carrier?

i am 27 with way too many points

on record right now, a totaled car, a neg2, multiple speeding, and two fender benders

right now with full coverage, in spokane, with a 250 collision deductible, and a 100 comp deductible i pay 240/month with american family...

every other carrier hears my current rates, and says "oops, sorry, but we cannot beat that"...

i will PM you with the info for my agent... it cannot hurt to call him and get a quote...

Im 20 with a clean record and insurance is in my own name through state farm. i got the car when i was 19 and paid 175, as soon as my first policy expired after 6 months, i went down to 161. looking forward to another drop in 5 months =)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

26, single, with a clean record in NY and pay about $95/month for full coverage on my 2006 WRX.
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX
    http://www.rapidcars.com

25, single, clean record and on my own policy I pay $700/6 months for full coverage on my 07 sti

When I talk to my insurance company tomorrow since I am selling the sti and picking up my 11 wrx I hope it goes down.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I'm 36, clean record, house and another vehicle all on Farmers...
    $500 ded on Com/Col = $410/6 months ($68/month)

Allstate:

29, male, married - clean record - house/muti car discount, ect.

2011 WRX - $100/mo

I only paid $140/mo on my two other cars so its an increase.

-Clovis

I think I paid around $160 a month when I was 16 for a 1991 Mitsubishi Precis (aka Hyndai excel) - this was back in 1997. Quite a lot of money for a kid making $5.50/hr park time and going to school.

After a few months when I complained that all of my money went to just paying the insurance, my parents either paid it for me or gave me a stipend.

I do miss those days of $10 to fill up my gas tank though! Sure beats the $40 it cost for the rex.
    Last edited by Clovis; 10-21-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    Justin "Clovis" Harward
    2011 Dark Grey WRX
    Colorado Springs, CO

My avatar is a picture of a REAL Wendy's girl that I took. I couldn't believe the shirt (spoon me? sounds like a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen) but it's pretty funny too. I commented about her shirt, she was cool and I asked if I could take a picture with my phone!

I Support ClubWRX
    OGintehsouthFTW. What I'm paying for 3 cars is less than what most of you are paying for your WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    OGintehsouthFTW. What I'm paying for 3 cars is less than what most of you are paying for your WRX.
    sw33tbrag.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.