New member!!

This is a discussion on New member!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody I just joined last night so I can keep doing my research... My lease is almost up with ...

New member!!

Hey everybody I just joined last night so I can keep doing my research... My lease is almost up with my G37s and I'm really considering the wrx or sti. I know the difference between both models are the engine, the si drive, rims, and brembo brakes, I'm not sure of other differences. I'm looking to save some money and not pay what I've been paying for the Infiniti and that's where I know I'll save with the wrx.. I just love the styling of the sti. For those that have driven both models is there any huge differences in the ride? And if I do go for the wrx I'm pretty sure I can get the sti spoiler to put on it right? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I have not driven a 2011 STI, but the 09 STI I drove felt stiffer than the 2011 WRX I purchased. The 2011 WRX is very stiff in its own right though, there's no doubt that it is a performance car.

As far as differences go, you pretty much nailed all of the major ones. I'm sure you can order an STI wing through subaru at a later date if you really wanted to. I will say that I love the look of my 2011 with no wing.

If it's a daily driver I think you'll be more satisfied with the WRX. If you're looking to race or autocross, maybe the STI. Either way, you'll have a car quicker than your G37s for probably cheaper than your G37s...albeit giving up some luxury.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist