My new 2010 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My new 2010 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just bought a 2010 WRX four door last week. I have been loving the car and spending a ...

My new 2010 WRX

So I just bought a 2010 WRX four door last week. I have been loving the car and spending a good amount of time on this site browsing the forums. To be honest I have been getting worried about the reliability of the car. I keep reading about bad clutches and blown engines. This being my first new car I was expecting this **** not to happen for a while. Does this stuff happen pretty frequently? Do you guys have a lot of problems with the cars?

I do not plan on keeping the car stock for a long time so that worries me even more. I don't plan on racing the car or beating on it, but I want a car I can drive without worrying about ****ing blowing my engine.

Do you guys have any advice to help prevent this? Maybe I am just paranoid. But honestly, I do not want to deal with car payments and having to rebuild my engine after some catastrophic failure.

Thanks for any advice and help.
    Last edited by metaldahlberg; 09-23-2010 at 10:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats! I've got a 2010 myself, you only come to love it more the longer you've had it. There have been a lot of reliability issues with the 09 WRXs with both clutches and blown engines, but I haven't heard of any issues with this in any 10s as of yet. I'm hoping Subaru tightened things up for our year.
    2010 WRX (SWP)
    Cobb Stage 1 - Perrin SS

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats. Mine is a 2010 5 door, 7600 miles and no problems yet. Did have them realign the headlights, but that's it so far.

Well that's good news. I am probably just needlessly worried. I have heard of more problems with the 2009 models. It could be too soon to tell though.

Stawgn10 you study much physics or just like the picture?

Be sure and use some discretion when weighing the reports of others re: reliability. A thread might start out about a 2010 WRX, and quickly shift to 2002's, 2009's, STi's, etc. If you aren't paying attention, you'll think they're all talking about your new baby. (BTW, I got a 2010 WRX hatchback about 5 weeks ago and love it.)

Also...remember that comparing reliability between stock and moderately to heavily modified vehicles is comparing the proverbial apples to oranges. Also, if you choose to modify your car, the selected modifications, components, and sequence of modifications can all impact reliability either directly or indirectly. For example, run your fuel mixture too lean, and start a fire. Or develop too much horsepower and explode the gearbox. You get the idea!

Finally, think about reliability in terms of driving style and maintenance, too. A car that is driven hard on the street or track will inevitably be less reliable, over the long term, than one that isn't, just as a car that is maintained with close adherence to the recommended maintenance schedule (or better) is much less likely to give problems than one that seldom has a little love lavished on it.
    Last edited by hunter20ga; 09-24-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add more info.

You make good points. I know I have read a lot of bad things about clutches in 08 and 09's. So I was curious if anyone had issues with the 10's.

My biggest concern was having a moderately modded car and that being an eventual, early death sentence.

I also have a 2010 sedan. I love it and the only issue is with headlight condensation. Driving the REX takes all my other worries away.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMANG View Post
    I also have a 2010 sedan. I love it and the only issue is with headlight condensation. Driving the REX takes all my other worries away.
    I have the same issue (2010 5 door WRX)!! But other than that it is an amazing vehicle. Enjoy and congrats!! No other problems to report after 11,000 miles (bought the car last week of april 2010).
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.