my first scooby

This is a discussion on my first scooby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just wanted to say this site is great and full of info. I just recently purchased an 04 ...

my first scooby

Hey guys, just wanted to say this site is great and full of info. I just recently purchased an 04 wrx sedan 60k, interior is flawless and clean, exterior has its dings and scratches but nothing major but it does have a body kit it doesn't look bad but i'm not a fan of body kits. So if anyone has some stock 04 bumpers, shoot me a pm. Other than that i love the car. thanks

-Manny

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was gonna say post some pics but then I read "bodykit" so then I was like nevermind. Welcome to the club and good luck finding a stock bumper.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Red face ok here goes nothing....

sorry for large pics but that's how it stands now, IMO if i would get FMIC, i don't think it would look all that bad since that huge gap would be filled . lmk wat ya guys thanks, neg comments is ok too, love the hate

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i was expecting a lot worse. it's not TOO horrible but i still wouldnt be caught dead with it :P

the stock bumper plus a v-limited lip should suit it nicely.

FMIC + stock turbo = no no.

i also dont like the silver centercaps w/ black wheels. i'd probably paint the wheels silver or paint the centercaps black.

other than that- congrats on the car & welcome

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+1 on the fmic w/ stock turbo=no no, uber laggggg!!, i actually recently picked up a HUGE 4" tmic from a guy who just went to fmic, when purchasing asked if he got any lagg and he said yeh definately, so why was he selling this perfectly awesome tmic for sooo damn cheap?? well he could really come up w/ an appropriate answer and then it hit me! simply was not supposed to be in a subaru maybe a dsm would suit him more and couldnt help but drop a small tear when i heard him try to rippp off only to hear an ultimately loud exhost leak i felt bad for his lil bug eye, hopefully he will come around to my advice......

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightFury
    +1 on the fmic w/ stock turbo=no no, uber laggggg!!, i actually recently picked up a HUGE 4" tmic from a guy who just went to fmic, when purchasing asked if he got any lagg and he said yeh definately, so why was he selling this perfectly awesome tmic for sooo damn cheap?? well he could really come up w/ an appropriate answer and then it hit me! simply was not supposed to be in a subaru maybe a dsm would suit him more and couldnt help but drop a small tear when i heard him try to rippp off only to hear an ultimately loud exhost leak i felt bad for his lil bug eye, hopefully he will come around to my advice......
    While I wouldn't install a FMIC on the TD04, it's not the end of the world.

You may lose some throttle response, but you should gain hp/tq (more boost/timing).

It really depends what you're looking for in the car. Did he have his car custom tuned for the FMIC?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

yes a bit more hp top end but overall on stock setup he had w/ no inj mod or upgrade or fuel pump "so ive heard never expierenced myself" enough lag initially to cancel out the actual gain if ya were tuning correctly and no he had no tune just bolted right on, he stated was savin money to tune through somewhere in pdx that will dyno for 400$ a run way ouch, i pointed him toward eugene and ftw tuning down here they got a good deal 50$ w/ your choice of map so ya can manage your boost and run correctly, although its just plug and play no dyno just hammer in 3rd i like it cause when adjusting ya can actually feel what your messin w/ although dyno is superior in most ways its a clen tune that makes ya feel mor involved

When he said Bodykit I to was scared, but it's not bad, I'd rock that if it came with the car

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club Manny!

Quote Originally Posted by wrx04awd View Post
    exterior has its dings and scratches but nothing major but it does have a body kit it doesn't look bad but i'm not a fan of body kits. So if anyone has some stock 04 bumpers, shoot me a pm. Other than that i love the car. thanks -Manny
    Aye ... body kits on the WRX are usually bad news. Looks like you have a nice buy otherwise.

No to a FMIC with TD04. Unless you want more lag.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

thanks guys, yea i didn't think it was to bad especially for the deal i got but I'm working on the stock bumpers and a wingless trunk then around income tax time re-spraying it! not sure the color?!

whats up everyone!!! New today! got my 04 sti yesterday!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx04awd View Post
    thanks guys, yea i didn't think it was to bad especially for the deal i got but I'm working on the stock bumpers and a wingless trunk then around income tax time re-spraying it! not sure the color?!
    wingless FTW good choice!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

The converting to an STi is pointless and a waste I might as well have purchased an STi. lol my opinion.