2011 WRX - Black vs White
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX - Black vs White within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, I know most of you say color is a preference, and I am stuck between Black and White for ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17

    2011 WRX - Black vs White

    Okay, I know most of you say color is a preference, and I am stuck between Black and White for the new 2011 WRX that I plan on purchasing.

    My biggest fear with getting a brand new black car is going to be all the scratches you get from say washing the car. Do any of you with black cars have that problem? I really don't want my brand new car to look all scratched up after the first wash. What other problems or concerns do you notice with a black car?

    Also, with the SWP, the only downside I have with it is the fact that it's an off-white, not a true white like the Aspen White color. But the white car with black rims does look pretty fresh.

    The dealership I'm talking to has a Black Premium 5 door WRX on the way in with the STI short throw shifter and a boost gauge. I'm debating on whether or not to try to pick that one up, or order a White one.

    I'm so indecisive! Any input from anyone would be appreciated! Especially about the Black color.

    Thanks guys,
    Keith

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Black is a pita!!! I love it, but its hard to keep it clean... as far as the scratches, this can be avoided by washing and waxing the car yourself... use microfiber towells and shammys... you get better results washing and caring for it yourself then just running it through the carwash...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  4. #3
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,784
    I Support ClubWRX
    well it seems like you dont really have your heart set on either one. why not choose a different color altogether? red, blue, silver, grey, etc.

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  5. #4
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,820
    I Support ClubWRX
    are black or white really colors?go for wrb
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  6. #5
    Registered User Semaj07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Holbrook, NY
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    are black or white really colors?go for wrb
    Technically you are correct! Black and white are NOT colors. Black is the absence of all colors and white is the presence of ALL colors (one of the first things I learned in art school lol). As far as the choice between black and white, I will tell you this. I have a black wrx and it looks AMAZING clean. However, when NOT clean it shows everything!!! I have a buddy of mine that has a '10 STI hatch in white and his car shows HALF the amount of crap mine does lol. The pearl white is a pretty nice choice to be honest. Good luck!!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks for all your inputs!

    It's going to be either black or white, only because I don't like the silver, grey, or the red. The blue is pretty sick but I don't see myself driving that color at all.

    White seems like it's easier to maintain, especially with winter rolling around the corner (and I work in the mountains, so it's going to be SUPER cold).

  8. #7
    Registered User wrxsti007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    62
    Black looks amazing, but it's also with that color you'll see scratches and dirt like crazy. You'll end up having to detail your car more often.

  9. #8
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,978
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Semaj07 View Post
    Technically you are correct! Black and white are NOT colors. Black is the absence of all colors and white is the presence of ALL colors (one of the first things I learned in art school lol).
    If we accept what we see as "black" as achromatic, and say it's not a colour, then is describing "white" as not being a colour consistent with that logic, given that by your own admission white objects emit or reflect?

    Quote Originally Posted by keithj0nes View Post
    Thanks for all your inputs!

    It's going to be either black or white, only because I don't like the silver, grey, or the red. The blue is pretty sick but I don't see myself driving that color at all.
    I opted against blue because over time it would become embarrassing.

    I opted for black but should have opted for white or even better, grey.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  10. #9
    Registered User ElVerde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    650
    I ordered my 2011 in white...and EVERY single person who I have talked to about it has commented on how much they love the color. The grey stock rims look great with white as well...a pretty aftermarket look.

    The black ones look pretty good sitting on the lot, but as others have said the black is a total PITA to take care of. Also, Subaru isn't exactly renowned for it's paint quality, so scratches, swirls, chips etc. will start to show up as the car ages.

    Either way you're going to be excited...it's really a wonderful car. I don't think anything in the price range can even come close to touching it as far as value.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

  11. #10
    Registered User Semaj07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Holbrook, NY
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If we accept what we see as "black" as achromatic, and say it's not a colour, then is describing "white" as not being a colour consistent with that logic, given that by your own admission white objects emit or reflect?.
    If you were to put it that way, then yes, white would be a color...touche!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

  12. #11
    Registered User TheDevin1569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    119
    I also ordered mine in white, The white looks amazing! cant go wrong with it.

    I vote white!!!
    spw 2011 wrx sti hatch

  13. #12
    Registered User scooby uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    england
    Posts
    6
    i would say white cuz black is to hard to keep clean all tho black does look realy nice when it is clean!!for me its all abot blue for a scooby! but if i had to pick out of black or white it would be white easyer to clean

  14. #13
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,445
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I opted against blue because over time it would become embarrassing.
    I am curious as to your qualification for this statement, SD.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  15. #14
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,820
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I am curious as to your qualification for this statement, SD.
    If SD's argument was that with age a bright blue car might become an embarrassment then i hav 2 agree.I used to have an electric blue car which I gave to my 65 yr old father.he says that he gets strange looks from youngsters & feels embarrassed driving 2 church in it. lol
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  16. #15
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,978
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    If SD's argument was that with age a bright blue car might become an embarrassment then i hav 2 agree.I used to have an electric blue car which I gave to my 65 yr old father.he says that he gets strange looks from youngsters & feels embarrassed driving 2 church in it. lol
    That is essentially my argument, yes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •