2011 WRX - Black vs White - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX - Black vs White within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All i can tell you is that i have a SWP 07 wrx and if you haven't personally seen the ...

All i can tell you is that i have a SWP 07 wrx and if you haven't personally seen the color with your own eyes you will not understand the greatness of the color!! It's absolutely awesome IMO, and from night to day it looks like a different new sexy beast
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    That is essentially my argument, yes.
    What about the heritage associated with WRB? While I agree that most drivers who share the road are oblivious to the pedigree of the WRC cars, IMO it is enough to personally know that the color has been used in classic Subaru WRC. I am young, however...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I would vote white! It will look super crisp with tinted window and the wheels!

Although what I really ordered was a dark grey 5-door. I was debating with myself between white and dark grey after placing the order, and then I found out that it was too late to change. But I'm still quite excited about it.
    2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

I have a black car and yes, it looks cool but it is a magnet for scratches and dents. I have a strong feeling that subaru paint is very delicate because even the tiniest bush that gets brushed against my car will leave a mark. also, it does not matter how far away from other people and how far back in the parking lot I park my car there is always the idiot that slams a door against it and then WHHAM!! new dent and new scratch.
    Just letting you know that you will be seeing a LOT of scratches and you will have to be emotionally prepared to see them. You will get desensitized overtime and it will be less hurtful when you notice them.

Since we're talking about paint.... can you re-paint the car later? I've done it many times in GTA but never thought about it in real life...

2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by msharp View Post
    Since we're talking about paint.... can you re-paint the car later? I've done it many times in GTA but never thought about it in real life...

Your eyes will say yes, your wallet will say no. I'd love to have my car re-sprayed.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Your eyes will say yes, your wallet will say no. I'd love to have my car re-sprayed.
    Understood.

Gotta do some Forza 3 to satisfy my visual needs then.
    2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

M45
    Keithjones, I had the exact same dilemma about the color. It was down to black or white, and while the other colors are nice - i just couldn't commit to them long term. And even though I'm about to pick the car up from the dealer - I'm still not 100% on my choice!

As others have said, black will show imperfections a lot quicker. It will require a ton of attention, tlc, and possibly additional dough.

For me, there were only two major cons against the white:

1) I've driven white cars for a decade (pretty much since I first got a license)

2) EVERYONE is getting white. Call it over the top, but just look at this forum and at every new 2011 owner, I'll say so far, at least 70% went white and most others with DGM! Proves that SWP is an awesome color - but i'll try to bring some balance to the scene.

In the end, I've always wanted a black car and prepared myself for the worst to finally make it a reality. I believe the reward will be right there, after every wash.

I've had black cars before and my gf has a white one now.

The white color on the WRX is really, really nice. Can't go wrong there at all.

Black cars always look the best IMO but they take more effort to keep clean. And once they're dirty even a lil, you'll want to clean it. So if you don't mind more washing/wiping down then go black. And like it was mentioned, a lot more people are getting white.

With white you won't feel as satisfied after you clean it, but you'll be cleaning it a lot less.

FWIW I will likely never get another black car. Draw your own conclusions lol.

Well, due to the fact that black scares me as far as scratches go, I've decided to go with white. I will be ordering it probably early October if everything goes according to plan.

M45, that is the one of the reasons I don't want white as well, is because EVERYONE has or is getting it. Oh well.

Thank you all!

When it comes to decisions like these...

flip a coin,
    and while it's in the air, you already know which one you're hoping for.

I want black

When it comes down to it black is the best looking when it's detailed the correct way. I don't care if it's during the day or driving under the lights at night. But, like everyone else said it has a downside. I believe it depends on how you treat your car if black is for you also. Do you, or are you going to have kids soon? Do you always have a bunch of friends getting in and out of your car and people touching it? That's all something to think about because remember, nobody is going to care about your car like you are. My ex would think nothing of shutting the door on my new black truck with her rings on or opening the door with her keys in her hand. The list goes on...
    With all that said I vote white because the 2011 wrx looks awesome in white with the dark wheels and tinted windows and will continue to look good for along time.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12