Really stupid Subie noob question...Traction control, 06 WRX?

This is a discussion on Really stupid Subie noob question...Traction control, 06 WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay...this is one of the most retarded questions I've had to ask, but I have to ask anyway. I've glanced ...

Really stupid Subie noob question...Traction control, 06 WRX?

Okay...this is one of the most retarded questions I've had to ask, but I have to ask anyway.

I've glanced through the manual and I've looked around for a button, but is there a way to disable traction control on this car? Does this car even have electronic traction control at all??

Like I said...stupid question.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

auto or manual?

I don't believe manual had traction control even up to then - we get enough traction from the diffs automatically giving torque to the least slippery wheel.

The automatic has always had something like VDC or VTD or summat. Not sure that can turn off.

Why do you need it off? The spare tire is safe to run with it on (just keep a very slow speed), and if you're understeering, just throw a bigger sway bar on the back...
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    auto or manual?

I don't believe manual had traction control even up to then - we get enough traction from the diffs automatically giving torque to the least slippery wheel.

The automatic has always had something like VDC or VTD or summat. Not sure that can turn off.

Why do you need it off? The spare tire is safe to run with it on (just keep a very slow speed), and if you're understeering, just throw a bigger sway bar on the back...
    It's a manual. I don't NEED to turn it off. I was more curious about how everything was handled through the differentials, whether mechanical or electronic. Really, I'm just trying to learn how this car works. I've never had anything like this with fulltime AWD.