New to the site, sorta new to the car. (Richmond, VA)

This is a discussion on New to the site, sorta new to the car. (Richmond, VA) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, Just decided to join the site. I've been on NASIOC since I bought the car (Jun 04, 2010). ...

New to the site, sorta new to the car. (Richmond, VA)

Hey everyone,

Just decided to join the site. I've been on NASIOC since I bought the car (Jun 04, 2010). Brief history of the car:

I bought it on a whim. I used to have a G35 sedan I had modded pretty nicely to my tastes.. but it was getting some miles on it (160k).... Saw the WRX for sale online while BSing on the internet at work... asking price was 14,900 (06 TR with some very basic mods: short throw, stage 3 clutch, momo knob, alpine HU with kicker speakers, s-techs, 5x100 bbs, cobb sri, ebay catback, CF hood). I Immediately fell in love with the RED! Had to have it. I e-mailed the owner, and it was a guy selling it for his 18 yr old son (who has had it since he was 15 -__- ). The car is on it's third motor, and has had tons of half-assed paint work from horse play and inexperienced driving. No major accidents though. The car was admittedly SLOW!!! and it definitely needed some work. I wont say what I paid for it... but I will say that it was about 6-7k under blue book.

To say the least, EVERYTHING about the car was half-azzed, messed up, non-functional, missing parts, filthy, or just straight BUSTED!!! I've invested a TON of time and money into it reviving her and doing everything right. After 3 months of ownership.. here's where she is at now.

Engine/Power/Exhaust
    -VF39 turbo
    -STi TMIC
    -Samco Red silicone IC hoses
    -Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
    -Cobb SRI
    -SPT intake heat shield
    -4" bellmouth TurboXS catless DP
    -3" catless racepipe, welded to a no-name catback
    -OS tune @ 17psi
    -short shifter bushings
    -Stage 3 clutch

Wheels/tires/suspension/brakes
    -2004 STi 5x100 BBS wheels with Bridgestone RE070 tires
    -BC racing BR series coilovers w/ rear extenders
    -Brembo blanks/Hawk street pads

Interior/Exterior styling
    -Hardwired V1 (duh)
    -04/05 tails
    -RallyArmor urethane mudflaps
    -STi hoodscoop with splitter/bellows
    -15% tint on sides / 5% tint on the rears
    -Pioneer PEH-6000UB headunit
    -12" Audio Integrations fiberglass molded trunk box
    -Diamond D3 12" subwoofer
    -JL component door speakers
    -Kicker 650.4 amp on custom amp rack (Thanks Xtreme)
    -MTX thunder 6500.1 mono amp
    -Defi Red Racer Boost & oil pressure gauges
    -AEM UEGO Wideband with serial port fixed in the ashtray
    -ATI clockpod
    -BLOX 490LE gunmetal shift knob (so sexy)

Sorry for the novel of a read. Some of you may have already seen me on NASIOC. Overall, I'm loving this car more and more each and every day! Not to mention it's the first car I've modded primarily on my own.. so I feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in her

06 WRX TR - San Remo Red - VF39'd, STi TMIC, Walbro 255, Samco hoses, Cobb SRI, SPT intake heat shield, TXS 4" bellmouth DP, 3" no-name catless, OS tuned @ 17 psi - 300 whp / 305 wtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Red does look very nice and it's relatively rare too, a good choice. Enjoy the forum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You rescued your car from a life of abuse.She looks great now,have fun.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!
    Figured I'd throw up another few pics I took last night throwing some goodies in

Also, here's a pic of my G sedan just for fun

06 WRX TR - San Remo Red - VF39'd, STi TMIC, Walbro 255, Samco hoses, Cobb SRI, SPT intake heat shield, TXS 4" bellmouth DP, 3" no-name catless, OS tuned @ 17 psi - 300 whp / 305 wtq

I'm such a picture *****! I'm still trying to get used to the formatting of this site. Didn't mean to make huge pics lol

On a side note, the kid I bought the car from? Daddy bought him a 500 rwhp cobra... and he wrecked it within a week. Going from ~170 awhp (yes, it was THAT slow when I bought it) to ~500 rwhp .... what did the dad expect? You have to TRY to get the subie loose, and the mustang probably got sideways if you breathe funny :-/

I hope dad bought him a Schwinn! You should hear the BS story he told his dad

hello i have a aem cold air intake and a b&m short shifter for sale if anyone is intrested. looking to get around $250.00 for both but give me a call and we can work something out.
    thanks
    267-243-6784
    names chris