New Subaru WRX Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Subaru WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lurked for a few weeks, thought I'd join now that I have the car. Picked up a Blue WRX Premium, ...

New Subaru WRX Owner

Lurked for a few weeks, thought I'd join now that I have the car. Picked up a Blue WRX Premium, has cold weather package, arm rest extension, and the bluetooth. It was the only one I could find in Colorado, but was exactly what I wanted. I actually had my heart set on an STI but after driving a 2010 sti and the 2011 wrx my mind was made up to purchase the wrx.... I ended up paying $28k out the door, which I was pleased with.

So far, I couldn't be happier! The car is hands down the funnest to drive I've owned, I've gotten numerous compliments in the 2 days I've had it.... The power and ride is incredible, the radio is terrible (only complaint)

The only questions I'd have would be typically what mods do you guys perform that could bump the power a bit, and retain the warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

You may want to explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you're happy so far. Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What was the deciding factor in picking the WRX over the STI?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by randomhero View Post
    Lurked for a few weeks, thought I'd join now that I have the car. Picked up a Blue WRX Premium, has cold weather package, arm rest extension, and the bluetooth. It was the only one I could find in Colorado, but was exactly what I wanted. I actually had my heart set on an STI but after driving a 2010 sti and the 2011 wrx my mind was made up to purchase the wrx.... I ended up paying $28k out the door, which I was pleased with.

So far, I couldn't be happier! The car is hands down the funnest to drive I've owned, I've gotten numerous compliments in the 2 days I've had it.... The power and ride is incredible, the radio is terrible (only complaint)

The only questions I'd have would be typically what mods do you guys perform that could bump the power a bit, and retain the warranty?

Depending on how much your budget is, I would recommend doing a turbo back exhaust (tbe). Or if you want to spend a little less, get a catback.

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    What was the deciding factor in picking the WRX over the STI?
    Well I drove a 2010 sti and this car back-to-back twice, and honestly didn't like any aspect of the STI over the WRX. The power on the wrx was much more linear, where I felt the power on the STI was very herky-jerky, and honestly I didn't notice much speed/power difference. Honestly between the ride, the jerky mantality and the price tag (not to mention I don't think I could have sourced a 2011 sti for months and the dealers wouldn't budge on price) I couldn't justify spending an extra 5-8k for a car that for me, had minimal, if any appealing aspects.

I've "wanted" an STI for almost 10 years (remember the snow camo DC Shoes STI that did Gumball!!) But after driving the WRX I fell in love. I figured for the money I saved I could do a couple mods, and live happily ever after......

Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti007 View Post
    Depending on how much your budget is, I would recommend doing a turbo back exhaust (tbe). Or if you want to spend a little less, get a catback.
    Yeah... I was told by a Subaru Service manager only mods that won't void warranty were cat-back exhaust and air intake (which I've read is not worth it w/these newer wrx's)

The stock exhaust on this car sounds GREAT!!! Could be a skeetch louder, but honestly it's the best sounding stock exhaust I've ever heard

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!

I have to agree, the exhaust is awesome for a stock unit! Have taken several people for a ride in mine and they can't get over how nice it sounds!
    '11 Red WRX Premium
    '12 Black Camaro 2SS
    '05 Maxima
    '00 Acura TL

"A man's got to know his limitations"
    Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.