Just ordered! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just ordered! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Loving both of you guys! Thanks for the help! I'll shoot that Joe Spitz an email, and also try to ...

Loving both of you guys! Thanks for the help!

I'll shoot that Joe Spitz an email, and also try to head up to Kirkland to check them out as well. Since yours was about 600 below invoice, was your APR skyrocketed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow that is an excellent deal!

Quote Originally Posted by keithj0nes View Post
    Loving both of you guys! Thanks for the help!

I'll shoot that Joe Spitz an email, and also try to head up to Kirkland to check them out as well. Since yours was about 600 below invoice, was your APR skyrocketed?
    I'm not sure yet about the financing part. You only put your deposit down on pre-orders, they finalize payment and everything once the car actually arrives. That's why it's really important to get all of the pricing and options written down by the dealer once you go in, so they don't try to change pricing on you.

Also, make sure you ask for all of the fees to be written down as well! They tried to get me for a $150 doc fee, but I was able to negotiate that down to half. I know the current deal is 1.9% for 3 years, but that ends on Oct 4th. Hopefully once my car arrives I can get the same deal!

Good luck!

Yup the 1.9 ends 10/4 for 3 years. I was going to do 2.9 for 5 years. The guy I dealt with said they most likely won't change their rates though cause Subaru hasn't really changed it ever. That's what he said. And all my licensing fees and stuff came out to $500. With the price of the car and options, destination charge, tax and paperwork/license fee it all came out to just under 30k.

All of this is just too chaotic. I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed one way or another. The interest rates they quoted for me would be 3.9 for a 5 year, and 4.9 for a 6 year. (Keep in mind, I'm 21 with little to no credit history without a cosigner)

That Joe Spitz guy said about $26894 + t/l/doc fee. Which is "under" invoice. But you also need a deposit to order, which I just don't like the sound of. The guy from Auburn dealership is figuring out the pricing for that and is going to get back to me via email.

All in all, thanks for all your guys' help/knowledge. This place is WAY more approachable than the NASIOC forums.

The deposit is just to hold your order. They can't just order the car without it. It's just a sign of good faith I guess and shows your serious about the car. It's a $500 deposit for me here and that $500 gets deducted from your price when the car comes in. Just like pre-ordering a video game lol. As for the rates I don't know much about it.

I had to put $1000 down to place my order...didn't really bother as I put it on a 0% CC and made sure that we would be able to void / cancel / refund that transaction when the vehicle came in so I could pay the balance due w/o having $1k sitting on a CC.
    Plus it's good to have that on a CC in case things go sideways...

It would be a $1000 pre-order for me as well. The guy I've been talking to just emailed saying it would be around about $27,000. So I'm hoping it won't be TOO much over that amount. The hard part is going to be actually getting the specific vehicle I want in my possession!

that's the fun part picking out all the stuff you want then looking at your wallet and making a sad face lol

HAHA oh yes, SO much fun! Too bad getting this car means staying at my crappy job for even longer. But oh well, it's so beautiful that it makes it worth it.

Seaside Park, NJ (home) / Villanova, Pa (school)
    Congrats man! Your going to love the car. I just picked up my '11 5 door WRX Limited from Lester Glenn in Toms River last Friday. Freehold did actually give me a better price due to some past business with them but I liked the people at Lester Glenn, plus, its right over the bridge from my house. Mine has the SPT exhaust, armrest extender, cargo tray, and auto dim mirror/compass. I drove it back to my school (Villanova) on Saturday and what a car it is! I'm still smiling from that 80 mile drive.

back at school:

Jeep in the foreground was my former daily. Now just a beach toy.

Nice!!! How's the spt exhaust sound? nice ride!

Quote Originally Posted by bw305 View Post
    Congrats man! Your going to love the car. I just picked up my '11 5 door WRX Limited from Lester Glenn in Toms River last Friday. Freehold did actually give me a better price due to some past business with them but I liked the people at Lester Glenn, plus, its right over the bridge from my house. Mine has the SPT exhaust, armrest extender, cargo tray, and auto dim mirror/compass. I drove it back to my school (Villanova) on Saturday and what a car it is! I'm still smiling from that 80 mile drive.

back at school:

Jeep in the foreground was my former daily. Now just a beach toy.
    Very nice!! Keep the pics coming, these are all that are holding me over for the next 6-7 weeks while I wait for mine!

Yet another order.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share the experience as well as the news.

Short story:
    I just ordered a WRB Premium Hatch, with SPT exhaust package, STi short throw shifter, center armrest extension, auto-dim mirror/compass, and bumper cover for about $28,050. It might be here this month.

Long story:
    I went in this Saturday to look at a SWP Premium Sedan That I noticed on the lot last weekend. It had tons of options and I looked it over and played in it for a bit, but did not ask for a test drive.

The salesman was low key and we chatted for a while. I mentioned that I want a hatch and he thought they had a blue one on order. Neither of the cars were spoken for so I asked him to check on the order to see when the hatch would arrive.

He called me this morning and said the car should "be here in September". He confirmed that it was a WRB Premium Hatch, but didn't know any specifics about options. I told him I would think it over and asked him to call if he found out more information about the car.

After that, I decided to pull the trigger. I called the IMBA to start the process of using my Subaru VIP Discount. The guy was excited to help someone purchase a new WRX at the discount. He said the discount is 2% below invoice and sent the information to SOA.

SOA faxed the info to my dealer and I got a call from them shortly after that. They knew what kind of car I wanted from the request, but I asked specifically about the WRB hatch that I heard was coming.

They called back with more info about the car. It was "in port" awaiting the que for delivery. The car has the SPT Exhaust Package with the finishers and decals, auto-dim mirror/compass, and bumper cover. He said I could add any of the "port" options before it ships and they would be cheaper than waiting for them at the dealer since I would save the install labor.

I went in after work to discuss the details. When I got there, the salesman offered a test drive in the sedan before we talked about the options. We took the car out and I got a feel for it with mellow test drive. It was my first time with a manual in about 5 years. I got into it enough to see the potential but I kept it under 4500 and under the limit. The salesman even checked the speedo once and joked that I was taking it "easy".

We got back and he pulled out the packet on the car. We covered all the options and I chose to add the short throw shifter and the center arm rest extension (which is super cool by the way).

The salesman showed me all the details they currently have on the car and gave me the VON. He mentioned that I was getting a "good deal" from the VIP discount but only referenced the 2% below invoice and no specific numbers. I was expecting to have to work to get the options under MSRP. But I simply asked if the discount would apply to the base price as well as all options and they said "yes".

The owner came over to show me an estimate since they don't have the real invoice yet. He gave me a sample sheet with invoice numbers for everything. Then he just multiplied it all by 0.98 for the discount and viola, that was the price I would get. They even included the destination charge in the discount.

I don't know the exact number since there is no invoice or VIN yet. However, based on those calculations, I should get the car for $28,050 compared to $30,822 for MSRP. That is $2,772 savings for a $30 investment in the IMBA membership. I do have a $299 documentation fee and I will pay TTR when I get the car licensed that bump the OTD price a bit.

I am doing a straight financing deal with no trade. The salesman commented on that making it even easy for them because of that. He said this deal is the same discount they get as employees.

They will call me when the get the VIN so we can start the final paperwork and my financing at that time. Oddly, I had to show them the current financing offers like I heard from others on here and NASIOC. They thought the offers had expired and didn't seem to know about the Oct 4 date listed for the current ones. I can lock in the 2.9% if they get the VIN before then. Otherwise, I expect SOA to extend the rates just like they have the previous months.

I lucked out really. I am essentially "ordering" the car because I got to add any options I want (plus the SPT that was already on it). It is already WRB and Premium like I wanted, I just get to save the shipping from Japan since it is already in the port and allocated to my dealer. Wooohooo!

I have to say, I am TOTALLY impressed with the VIP program. I spent maybe an hour on the phone between the IMBA and dealer. I was in and out of the dealer in 1 hour which included the test drive! That is a hell of a discount for no more time and effort than it took

The dealer and my salesman each asked how I got the VIP discount. The certificate doesn't show the origin of the discount. They seemed curious, but were very interested in making me "happy" with the process. They get just a couple of VIP's each month so I guess that explains their interest. They both commented on this being the "best" deal possible and how easy it all is.

My advice, get a membership to any of the VIP members if you even think you will buy a new Suby. It was a painless experience and I saved more than I expected when including the options.

Now I just have the painful wait like everyone else until I get the VIN and eventually the car arrives.

Seaside Park, NJ (home) / Villanova, Pa (school)
    Thanks for the compliments! The SPT exhaust sounds amazing. Its not the loudest exhaust system I've had on a car but it does provide a nice throaty tone. Exactly what I was looking for in my daily driver. I half expected a factory, warrantied exhaust system to be very quiet and hardly noticeable. This is not the case at all. I drove a bone stock '08 WRX a few months ago and the difference in the exhaust note with the SPT is exponentially better. I know the SPT is more expensive than many of the other aftermarket systems but, even regardless of the fact that you get a warranty with it factory installed, I'd strongly recommend it.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow but for now, here's what I got. Sorry for the poor cell phone quality. I'll get some pics with a real camera over the weekend. Anyway:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast