Now the wait!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Now the wait! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know that nobody will believe me, but the waiting is not the hardest part, as Tom Petty said. The ...

Now the wait!

I know that nobody will believe me, but the waiting is not the hardest part, as Tom Petty said. The hardest part was picking out what color, what options and how much to spend. At any rate, I now have a new Dark Gray Metallic 2011 WRX Limited Hatchback on order.

For options I went with the Nav System, Short Throw Shifter, Center Armrest, Security System Shock Sensor and Turbo Boost Gauge.

And the best part, a great deal. 10% off MSRP.

Now the wait...... maybe Petty was right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

I still think waiting is the hardest part, lol. Ordered my SWP Limited Sedan with that same special with shorty throw, sub, and dimming mirror. I started wondering if I should get the nav, but I think I'll stick with what i ordered. Good luck and hang in there till it arrives!

Still waiting for my 2011 hatch, and this will be the first manual I'll have ever owned. What's the deal with the short throw shifter? Is that really worth it or is it better to just get one cheaper and install yourself?

Also, what's the deal with the security system shock sensor? I'm not sure what that is.

Thanks Bwig. The only reason I got the Nav was because of the deal. My eyes started lighting up at all the stuff I could add and still pay the same I would have with my local dealer.

Let me know how yours is coming, you're several days ahead of me in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by ksto View Post
    Still waiting for my 2011 hatch, and this will be the first manual I'll have ever owned. What's the deal with the short throw shifter? Is that really worth it or is it better to just get one cheaper and install yourself?

Also, what's the deal with the security system shock sensor? I'm not sure what that is.
    I hate to admit this, but I haven't driven one, so I can't tell you that it performs better with the short throw shifter. But I've read from numerous sources that it smooths and shortens the shift out quite a bit.

As to the shock sensor, I believe that's the one that goes off if something physically contacts the vehicle too firmly. The sensitivity can be set by the dealer or in the Nav System, if so equiped (at least that's what I read, I hope it's true).

I'm all about security so that's something I might look into then. As for the shifter, I'll just try to test one out somewhere else before I fork over the money.

I'm all about security so that's something I might look into then. As for the shifter, I'll just try to test one out somewhere else before I fork over the money.
    If you're mechanically inclined, I'm sure you could install it yourself. Me, I have three thumbs, so I let "The Man" handle it. Costs more, but saves me the heartache.

I can usually figure stuff out with a good set of instructions. There's also a pretty good youtube video that shows the step by step of how to do it, doesn't really look all that complicated.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can usually figure stuff out with a good set of instructions. There's also a pretty good youtube video that shows the step by step of how to do it, doesn't really look all that complicated.
    theres a video on youtube on how to install a kartboy shifter.The kartboy is a lot better than the subaru short throw and cheaper as well.u already have the bushings off the stock shifter so all you have to do is get the shifter stick.

short shifters make shifting a lot more fun as they reduce the time taken to shift gears.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Waiting is the hardest part while waiting. And then while breaking it in. Then the hardest part becomes the monthly payments and avoiding the boys in blue!
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.