Just ordered a '11 WRX Premium in DGM

This is a discussion on Just ordered a '11 WRX Premium in DGM within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey folks, technically I'm new as my first Subaru (a '11 WRX Premium in Dark Grey, hatchback with short throw, ...

Cool Just ordered a '11 WRX Premium in DGM

Hey folks, technically I'm new as my first Subaru (a '11 WRX Premium in Dark Grey, hatchback with short throw, center armrest and homelink) was just ordered about 2 weeks ago, but I've been reading this forum for a long time and love it!!

Currently I'm driving a 2008 RX8 and the lease is coming to an end. It's a great fun car for handling and interior quality, but the love of AWD, the torque and the hatchback style really convinced me.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and the wait (it's still on the "ordered" status!!) is really killing me!! Anybody know why it's taking this long? I placed the order around August 20-ish.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

7n7
    If you ordered one and aren't going to be grabbing one that was already coming in it's about a 3 month wait. They have to build YOUR car from the ground up (which is a pretty sweet thought). These cars are assembled in Jaban and have to be shipped here after they are done. I reserved a Premium DGM '11 5door from a local dealer and it should be here around the 21st (hopefully Earl didn't push it too far back). Good luck on the wait!

3 MONTHS??!!............

When I placed the order, the sales guy told me I was simply taking over an existing order that was due in the month of September. BUT as I checked with them last week, it's still in the "ORDERED" status...

The order itself is showing to due in the month of October though... guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

It's nice to hear that yours is coming! Only two weeks from now! Congratulations!!

From everything I've read, these cars are NOT special ordered and built to your specs. They build a ton of cars with different options, and your order is just taking one of those cars.

I picked up my '11 DGM WRX hatch on 8/28 with 9 miles on it, and have just over 500 now. Halfway done breaking it in!

Quote Originally Posted by mikerulzu View Post
    From everything I've read, these cars are NOT special ordered and built to your specs. They build a ton of cars with different options, and your order is just taking one of those cars.

I picked up my '11 DGM WRX hatch on 8/28 with 9 miles on it, and have just over 500 now. Halfway done breaking it in!
    I'm not sure about the "pre-built orders" thing, since mine has been listed as "ordered" for almost 3 weeks now and it still is not on the production line (no vin number)... Guess I'll just have to keep bugging my sales guy and wait...

Congrats on your car!

+1

Everything I have heard has said 6 weeks. Your order is filled within the pre-existing pipeline.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    +1

Everything I have heard has said 6 weeks. Your order is filled within the pre-existing pipeline.
    Thanks for the info!

When did you place your order and is it in the pipeline yet (have a vin number)?

Yup, basically they pump out the cars in Japan in all the different colors and different packages (stock, premium, limited, etc) and then when they get to port all the options you ordered get installed. I believe some option stuff is done at the factory but not much.

This is what my sales guy told me at least.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by msharp View Post
    Thanks for the info!

When did you place your order and is it in the pipeline yet (have a vin number)?

I placed the order on 8/26 in Southern California. I do not have a VIN yet, but my salesman said I will have that within 3 weeks of ordering. He was ADAMANT that I will have the car in 6 weeks.

My order confirmation (I made him send it to me) says something like "order ####### filled within existing dealer pipeline" or something like that. Also, my order form had 2 of my 3 options listed, while the comments section indicated "customer would like SPT Boost Gauge". To me, this confirms that they filled my order with the closest thing they had that was already coming, and then made minor changes to fit exact requirements.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Yup, basically they pump out the cars in Japan in all the different colors and different packages (stock, premium, limited, etc) and then when they get to port all the options you ordered get installed. I believe some option stuff is done at the factory but not much.

This is what my sales guy told me at least.
    This is good info, and gives me hope that I won't have to wait the full 12 weeks I'm counting on (and have been told). That would mean I'm 3 weeks out