Which color should I get???

View Poll Results: 2011 STI-What color should I get???

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satin Pearl White

22 28.21%
  • WR Blue Mica

24 30.77%
  • Dark Gray Metallic

32 41.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which color should I get??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am getting a 2011 STI, but I can't decide what color to get? It's between Satin White Pearl, WR ...

Which color should I get??? Post your 2011 STI Pics here!

I am getting a 2011 STI, but I can't decide what color to get?
    It's between Satin White Pearl, WR Blue Mica, and Dark Gray Metallic. I will try to post a poll so, we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by wrxsti007; 09-08-2010 at 11:51 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, no one voted for the WR Blue Mica yet? I am surprised!

Color choice, is a personal choice.
    The rest of us are just (somewhat) random people on the internet. You are the one who is going to live with the car.

Happy shopping

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    The rest of us are just (somewhat) random people on the internet. You are the one who is going to live with the car.

Happy shopping
    I definitely agree with you. I have one color that I'm leaning towards, but I still would like to know what others would get between those color choices...

I always thought that WR Blue Mica was a popular color choice, but so far this poll has proven that theory wrong.

Right now I drive a 2008 Fiji Blue Pearl Civic Si and I love the color, but it takes a lot of time to keep it showroom clean and shiny!
    Last edited by wrxsti007; 09-07-2010 at 04:02 PM.

I think some people on this forum my be skeptical of a blue that's not called "WRB" or "World Rally Blue".

"WR Blue Mica" looks to be similar to WRB, but I haven't seen it in person to know how it differs, or why Subaru changed the name.

Happy shopping
    +1.

What I ordered was a 2011 WRX Premium in Dark Grey. It's still in the "ordered" status yet, so I'm waiting to see how good it'll be. :-)

I think some people on this forum my be skeptical of a blue that's not called "WRB" or "World Rally Blue".

"WR Blue Mica" looks to be similar to WRB, but I haven't seen it in person to know how it differs, or why Subaru changed the name.
    I believe it's the same thing, but Subaru did add a different blue for the STI for 2011. Plasma Blue Pearl I think it's called.

I would imagine WBM is just WRB with different materials (or just a different name), but I'd definitely like to hear real words on it.

Again, get which color you want. Personally, I'm buying a bugeye, and I *really* want wrb or the more saturated yellow (btw, if it's not too OT, can someone remind me of the differences between the two yellows?) - looks like I might pick up a blue one soon! Personally, red would be alright, I'd put up with black or white, and silver is basically admitting I have a boring car... the bugeyes are surprisingly tame - let at least something stand out!

White shows dirt like a mofo (and could be considered pretty boring), although it's not a bad choice imo. Blue is a standard - you may not like how many other blue subies you'll see at a meet; sure you'll stand out against other cars, but you'll blend in among the crowd. The grey will make you look basically like every car ever in terms of color. Your performance (and probably the shape) will probably catch at least some eyes, but it would be relatively sleeperish, at least wrt color.

Your choice. I did not vote.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Although I love the more audacious colors in theory...

After having a red WRX for the last 8 years, I can tell you that I want a more sedate color.

Why? What catches your eye also catches the police's eye. It is obnoxious being pulled over when you aren't doing ANYTHING wrong and knowing the reason why is because you have a red sports car that screams trouble. All the while all the beige, silver and black cars roll on by without nary a whisper of the sirens.

So, I went with DGM myself. It's interesting enough to keep me satisfied, will match well with the stock wheels, should do well with hiding dirt and dings and won't scream PULL ME OVER to the police.

The bulging fenders, hood scoop and spoiler however... Oh well!
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

7n7
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    Although I love the more audacious colors in theory...

After having a red WRX for the last 8 years, I can tell you that I want a more sedate color.

Why? What catches your eye also catches the police's eye. It is obnoxious being pulled over when you aren't doing ANYTHING wrong and knowing the reason why is because you have a red sports car that screams trouble. All the while all the beige, silver and black cars roll on by without nary a whisper of the sirens.

So, I went with DGM myself. It's interesting enough to keep me satisfied, will match well with the stock wheels, should do well with hiding dirt and dings and won't scream PULL ME OVER to the police.

The bulging fenders, hood scoop and spoiler however... Oh well!
    Took the words right out of my mouth (off my finger tips I guess it would be). The white will get dirty the second you clean it, I do like the blue (but does catch the eye), and I love the DGM (which is what I went with). As everyone else says though, it is your choice and will have to be something that you like. In any case...you'll have a sweet ride!

I just placed my order for a DGM '11 sedan sti on saturday. the Plasma Blue Pearl is actually pretty nice from the little amount of pics I've seen. But enjoy whatever color you get

Keep them coming!

I love seeing all the comments and all the votes... keep them coming!

No love for the plasma blue? I think if i got an STI that's what I'd get.

Plasma Blue Pearl STI

Quote Originally Posted by broonswick View Post
    No love for the plasma blue? I think if i got an STI that's what I'd get.
    I haven't seen that color in person yet so I didn't include it in the choices. However, I did see it on You Tube and it looked ok.

Here is a clip of a Plasma Blue Pearl STI coming off the truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu675Ufebu0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.