Which color should I get??? - Page 2

View Poll Results: 2011 STI-What color should I get???

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satin Pearl White

22 28.21%
  • WR Blue Mica

24 30.77%
  • Dark Gray Metallic

32 41.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which color should I get??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wrb or plasma blue...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    wrb or plasma blue
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Honestly...White is one of the BEST colors for hiding dirt. I'm not sure why people on this thread are suggesting otherwise.

I ordered mine in white so of course I'm biased, but I love the interplay of white, red, and black. The gauges are backlit in red, and the stitching on the steering wheel and seats is red. I don't think I'd enjoy a blue car with red accents all over the interior. To me, the only choices are white, black, dgm, red and silver.

I voted white...just my 2 cents.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Honestly...White is one of the BEST colors for hiding dirt. I'm not sure why people on this thread are suggesting otherwise.

I ordered mine in white so of course I'm biased, but I love the interplay of white, red, and black. The gauges are backlit in red, and the stitching on the steering wheel and seats is red. I don't think I'd enjoy a blue car with red accents all over the interior. To me, the only choices are white, black, dgm, red and silver.

I voted white...just my 2 cents.
    I heard the same thing about the Satin White Pearl or any other white car for that fact. Another plus is that you don't see swirl marks as much on lighter colored cars as you do on darker one. It takes me 6-8 hours to fully detail my car to get it "showroom finish." I have a Fiji Blue Pearl 2008 Civic Si with red stitching and accents and I think it goes great together.

My 2008 Fiji Blue Pearl Civic Si (After Detailing)

Thought about getting a Blue STI because I love this color, but there are other great colors that I like as well.

Picking it up at the dealer

Last edited by wrxsti007; 09-08-2010 at 10:02 AM.

If you have a 2011 STI sedan, please post your pictures here! I would love to see the different colors.

[QUOTE=wrxsti007;2665827]I heard the same thing about the Satin White Pearl or any other white car for that fact. Another plus is that you don't see swirl marks as much on lighter colored cars as you do on darker one. It takes me 6-8 hours to fully detail my car to get it "showroom finish." I have a Fiji Blue Pearl 2008 Civic Si with red stitching and accents and I think it goes great together.
    QUOTE]

The swirl comment is dead on as well. Good point.

Your car looks good, maybe you've changed my mind. It sort of reminds me of Superman...I'm not sure if that's a good thing
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I haven't seen a Satin White Pearl in person yet, but I am leaning towards a WR Blue Pearl.

Anyone get their 2011 yet? Post up some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti007 View Post
    I haven't seen a Satin White Pearl in person yet, but I am leaning towards a WR Blue Pearl.

Anyone get their 2011 yet? Post up some pics!

Here's the 2011 WRX in WR Blue Pearl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX 001.jpg   WRX 002.jpg   WRX 003.jpg   WRX 005.jpg   WRX 006.jpg  

WRX 007.jpg   WRX 008.jpg   WRX 013.jpg   WRX 012.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mm05897 View Post
    Here's the 2011 WRX in WR Blue Pearl.
    Congrats on getting your WRX! Thanks for posting some pics! I see that you got the boost gauge... how did they mount that to the dash, can you see? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxsti007 View Post
    Congrats on getting your WRX! Thanks for posting some pics! I see that you got the boost gauge... how did they mount that to the dash, can you see? Thanks!

It's mounted into the dash with two screws going through a bottom plate. There is a layer of dense foam (I assume to reduce vibration) between the dash and the plate. Looks like there is a hole in the rear of the plate for the wires to go straight through the dash. Nice, clean install.

Have not had any problems with this gauge. So far, it seems to be working just fine, plus it matches everything else on the instrument panel.

Thanks for your reply mm, I will definitely be getting one along with the armrest and foglights!

Those were the same three colors that I was considering. I saw the white and it just really didn't move me like the other two. The blue is very sporty looking and looks amazing in person. But I should be getting my DGM limited sedan any day now.

For me, I kind of like the understatedness of the gray and the fact that it blends in with the rims and will look kiler with carbon trim pieces. But either blue or gray. I was actually so close to the blue, that I put down a deposit for one and now I have to get my money back to get the gray. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_man View Post
    Those were the same three colors that I was considering. I saw the white and it just really didn't move me like the other two. The blue is very sporty looking and looks amazing in person. But I should be getting my DGM limited sedan any day now.

For me, I kind of like the understatedness of the gray and the fact that it blends in with the rims and will look kiler with carbon trim pieces. But either blue or gray. I was actually so close to the blue, that I put down a deposit for one and now I have to get my money back to get the gray. Decisions, decisions.
    Same here for me. I looked at the SWP in person and it looked more like a cream color than a sharp bright white I was looking for. Congrats on your purchase and remember to post some pics!

The SWP is definitely not a "creamy" color...but to each their own.

I have pictures of my SWP linked in my sig...since then I've had the windows tinted ("RA-R Mod" on a 2011 WRX (Photos inside) & Window tint photos wanted...getting mine done Saturday... (my photos are attached about halfway down) and I don't go a day without someone asking me what my car is or telling me how pretty it is.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    The SWP is definitely not a "creamy" color...but to each their own.

I have pictures of my SWP linked in my sig...since then I've had the windows tinted ("RA-R Mod" on a 2011 WRX (Photos inside) & Window tint photos wanted...getting mine done Saturday... (my photos are attached about halfway down) and I don't go a day without someone asking me what my car is or telling me how pretty it is.
    SWP is hawt, but don't choose it so it becomes a more uncommon color scheme. Btw, I don't think it looks creamy at all?

Quote Originally Posted by wongjonsilver View Post
    SWP is hawt, but don't choose it so it becomes a more uncommon color scheme. Btw, I don't think it looks creamy at all?

Maybe it was the lighting at the dealership, but it didn't look like that when I was there. Love that color! Thanks for posting the pic, looks amazing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast