First week opinion of '11 REX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First week opinion of '11 REX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi! Well, I have had my '11 WRX for a little over a week now and I'd like to post ...

I Support ClubWRX

First week opinion of '11 REX

Hi! Well, I have had my '11 WRX for a little over a week now and I'd like to post some early observations of the car.

Pros:

1. Can't get enough of the exhaust sound! The rumble is nice but not annoying. I find myself rolling down the window to hear the sound echo through my company's parking garage whenever I arrive or leave work!
    2. The short throw shifter works like a charm. Short and precise!
    3. Bluetooth works great! Phone calls come in loud and clear.
    4. The new body style really gets noticed! Compliments everywhere I go!
    5. The car is quick! Although it has the exact same hp as my Maxima, there is no comparison!
    6. Corners real well.
    7. Hill start assist works as advertised! We have lots of hills around Kansas City and with my previous manual cars, I had to play the clutch, hand brake, and accelerator game to get going on a hill. Not with this car! No worrying about rolling back into the car behind me!

Cons:
    1. Stereo. Nothing to write home about!
    2. No air vents for rear passengers.

I have been averaging about 24 mpg so far. Keeping the revs below 4K like the manual says (except for a one time )!

I have about another 500 miles until break in period is over, then, it's fun time!
    '11 Red WRX Premium
    '12 Black Camaro 2SS
    '05 Maxima
    '00 Acura TL

"A man's got to know his limitations"
    Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the writeup,

Now i am growing even more impatient!

Actually there are air vents for rear passengers. Located under each front seat. Take a look at the owners manual.
    - Kevin
    2011 Satin White Pearl WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting! I didn't recall seeing that in the pictures in the owner's manual! I'll have to check them out again!

Thanks for the input!

How do you like yours so far?
    '11 Red WRX Premium
    '12 Black Camaro 2SS
    '05 Maxima
    '00 Acura TL

"A man's got to know his limitations"
    Harry Callahan, Magnum Force

the radio.... well...... it's mediocre.... with the USB, it's decent.

love the exhaust too.... and wheel combo is good too (aftermarket look).

I need to change the stock shifter... which short shifter did you get? Subaru 5spd short shifter?
    https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1343

Please write more!! I can read enough of this while I'm waiting for my 11 WRX to arrive...

7n7
    Quote Originally Posted by msharp View Post
    Please write more!! I can read enough of this while I'm waiting for my 11 WRX to arrive...
    +1 I'm getting a little stir crazy!

Thanks for the write up though

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    What is this hill-start feature?
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Subarus have had a hill start feature on some of their vehicles for at least the last 20 years maybe more. If you stop on a hill with your foot on the clutch and brake, you can let off the brake and it will stay applied for a few seconds to prevent roll back while disengaging the clutch. The system on my '91 Legacy was a mechanical system but it feels like the new system is electrical, it works quite a bit better.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the sound system in the Impreza has never been a source of awesomeness. IMHO I would generally put them in the adequate category. And yes that includes the "premium" sound system as well.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Yeah, the sound system in the Impreza has never been a source of awesomeness. IMHO I would generally put them in the adequate category. And yes that includes the "premium" sound system as well.
    Very true. As an ex audiophile, I tried to patch fix it with a new HU, and it improved, but the cost and work was going to be too much to make it sound close to decent. So I just leave the stereo face off and listen to the exhaust for an hour a day.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

the wrx's do have the brake assist?
    my friend just bought a new gti and it had it.
    i found it so cool and useful.

can't wait for my wrx either!!

Quote Originally Posted by MizzouDevil View Post
    Hi! Well, I have had my '11 WRX for a little over a week now and I'd like to post some early observations of the car.

Pros:

1. Can't get enough of the exhaust sound! The rumble is nice but not annoying. I find myself rolling down the window to hear the sound echo through my company's parking garage whenever I arrive or leave work!
    2. The short throw shifter works like a charm. Short and precise!
    3. Bluetooth works great! Phone calls come in loud and clear.
    4. The new body style really gets noticed! Compliments everywhere I go!
    5. The car is quick! Although it has the exact same hp as my Maxima, there is no comparison!
    6. Corners real well.
    7. Hill start assist works as advertised! We have lots of hills around Kansas City and with my previous manual cars, I had to play the clutch, hand brake, and accelerator game to get going on a hill. Not with this car! No worrying about rolling back into the car behind me!

Cons:
    1. Stereo. Nothing to write home about!
    2. No air vents for rear passengers.

I have been averaging about 24 mpg so far. Keeping the revs below 4K like the manual says (except for a one time )!

I have about another 500 miles until break in period is over, then, it's fun time!
    Thanks for the update! Can't wait to get an STI! I heard there is a all Subaru cruise coming up soon in Missouri. Let you know when I find out more

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.