2008 WRX Exhaust Systems????? Please help

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Exhaust Systems????? Please help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I will start off my admitting I'm defiantly a rookie who has no idea what he is doing. I bought ...

2008 WRX Exhaust Systems????? Please help

I will start off my admitting I'm defiantly a rookie who has no idea what he is doing. I bought my 2008 wrx sedan because I wanted the all wheel drive for the winter but also, like everybody, like to feel that extra power you just can't get with the average Honda accord ya know? Anyways I'm now looking to replace my stock exhaust with a good after market system but have NO idea were to even start. I have done some research online but that just confuses me more. As you all probably know the 2008 wrx comes with this "dual" exhaust system and most of the good after market systems I have seen online have just one muffler. Wont my back bumper look funny with those two half-circle cut outs for the exhaust tips but with only one exhaust tip sticking out? Then I looked at some dual exhaust systems and thought they may be just a bit too much (in terms of style and professional upgrade) for a rookie like me. Money is not the problem I have a budget of around $1200. Is that enough or to little? Should I do some other smaller mods to the car BEFORE I get a new exhaust or is an after market exhaust considered to be a 'good' first mod? Any brand recommendations? My end goal is to add maybe a little more hp and get that cool sound I always hear with the other WRX's I see... and hear. PS I purchased a KEM cold air intake but never ended up installing it because I was told a cold air intake is a bad first mod and I should get an exhaust first THEN put the CAI on. Then I was told to first 'chip' my car. Then I was told to first upgrade my fuel injectors. Needless to say I'm confused. What order should I do all these mods in? Thanks everybody and sorry so long.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For your budget, you can look into SPT subaru performance technique. I believe this is the mid priced dual exhaust for 08+ But keep in mind this is 2.5 inch piping. MOST would recommend full 3 inch exhaust system.

The cheapest I believe would be the TurboXS when they came out a few weeks ago for 300 + shipping but the price already went up.. so I guess it's mid price just like SPT haha

Next, I believe Magnaflow has a great sounding dual system.

Next would be the Perrin dual. Very pricey but everyone that has it, can't say anything but good things about the piece.

Also for the intake, yes, I also heard it should require a tune but I also hear the stock intake flows much better than steel/aluminum material rather than the rubber OEM airbox. The short ram or cold airs only give you that cool "slight spooling" noise as you climb through the RPMs and makes your STOCK blow off valve more noticeable.

Do you only want the subie rumble? Then you should stick to the cat back, not turbo back.

Believe me when I say this, as soon as I put on my cat back. I immediately wanted more. So I bought a downpipe.

If you also want a downpipe in the future I would recommend buying a good cat back and pair it with a catted downpipe(depending on where your live, emission restrictions, etc) then save up for a tune! Your options should be; open source tune, non professional tuner. 200-350 ??

Next would be the Accessports by several companies. Pre-loaded maps for your ECU, direct plug and play 450-550?

Or you can go pro-tune. Have a reputable Subaru tuner go to work on your beast with their dyno. I think it's 600 + ?

That should be a well 1200 spent, mate. good luck!