Another new member!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another new member! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody, Just ordered a 2011 base WRX, obsidian black. One question though: are aftermarket parts different for the sedan ...

Another new member!

Hey everybody,

Just ordered a 2011 base WRX, obsidian black. One question though: are aftermarket parts different for the sedan vs. the hatchback? Exhaust, suspension, etc...?

I'm already learning a lot about modding and just the ins and outs of the WRX, this site is great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tiax123 View Post
    Hey everybody,

Just ordered a 2011 base WRX, obsidian black. One question though: are aftermarket parts different for the sedan vs. the hatchback? Exhaust, suspension, etc...?

I'm already learning a lot about modding and just the ins and outs of the WRX, this site is great!

Congrats on the order! I've ordered a 2011 sedan in white myself.

From the research I've done, the exhaust IS different. mods as far as suspension, motor, and just about everything else mechanical will be the same.

I know the first mods I'll be doing will be the Cobb AccessPort. Eventually I'll try to get it to stage 2...still debating on whether to wait for my warranty to run out for that one
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Congrats on the order! I've ordered a 2011 sedan in white myself.

From the research I've done, the exhaust IS different. mods as far as suspension, motor, and just about everything else mechanical will be the same.

I know the first mods I'll be doing will be the Cobb AccessPort. Eventually I'll try to get it to stage 2...still debating on whether to wait for my warranty to run out for that one
    Haha yeah, I wanna get it to stage 1 asap, then a new head unit and suspension stuff. Not gonna lie, the stock head unit looks mad ugly. Do you think the factory map is still crappy (runs too lean)? From what I've read, the 09s and 10s were like this, I just dunno if Subaru fixed the issue or not.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

The more research you do the better off you will be. Take your time - enjoy stock for a while.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Haha yeah, I wanna get it to stage 1 asap, then a new head unit and suspension stuff. Not gonna lie, the stock head unit looks mad ugly. Do you think the factory map is still crappy (runs too lean)? From what I've read, the 09s and 10s were like this, I just dunno if Subaru fixed the issue or not.

I don't think we'll know until quite a few more people have them and have worked on them...

I test drove a used 09 before ordering my 2011
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Hey everybody,

According to Subaru's catalog of performance parts, there are many items that are different between the sedan and wagon, with the cat-back exhaust being one that is different. But don't take my word for it...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.