My New 2011 WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone, I'm a new member to the forum and a happy owner of my first Subaru WRX. I have ...

My New 2011 WRX

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member to the forum and a happy owner of my first Subaru WRX. I have been shopping for a new car for like a year now. I was first interested in getting a Mazda Speed3 but the torque steer was to much for me. Then I started looking at the WRX. Once i heard about the new model back in April i went to my local dealer and gave my $500 deposit. I fell in love with what I saw and read about. Now 5 long months later my WRX finally arrived and it was worth the wait.

I purchased a white 2011 WRX based model with a few options. I got the basic armrest, rear cup holder, cargo tray and all weather floor mats. I also got the SPT Exhaust with the Exhaust Finisher. The only thing I do regret not getting was the short shift kit. Let me know if its worth getting in the future or not.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0909.jpg   IMG_0910.jpg   IMG_0911.jpg   IMG_0912.jpg   IMG_0913.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Close up pic of the spt exhaust and finishers please!

I asked my dealer about SPT factory installed and he couldn't find if it was possible. I figure I'll pick it up next summer and install it though since it won't violate factory warranty anyway.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

I will take a close-up of the SPT exhaust and finisher and post it tomorrow.

Welcome... congratz on the subbie... as for the sport shifter, you can buy an aftermarket short shifter with the bushings kit for cheaper and equal or better quality then the expensive dealer option...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Car looks nice! Looks great.

Which after market short shifter do you recommend?

Kartboy...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

ok, I will look into it. Thanks for the info.

No problem man... if you plan on any mods, read the first mods sticky up in the forum area... it has a wealth of info on there that can help you safley modify your car safley...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

The question is if I do suspension or motor work first. Now that
    I have my WRX I think it will look much better if i drop it and put 18s on it before i do any motor work.

What do you think?

If I were you id probally do suspention mods first (sway bars and end links will give you the best value) to protect your factory warranty just in case... figure out a plan for what you want out of your car first prior to doing engine mods... you can get an access port and flash a stage 1 tune for a better powerband and better drive ability...

If you plan on lowering it, do some research to make sure the componets are compatable and don't cause any problems and especially if you plan on getting bigger wheels and tires (make sure they fit and won't rub)...

Also just my opinion I did tinted windows and stereo upgrades first just for my own personal enjoyment cause stock sucks...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I know SPT has sway bars and suspension parts and it comes with a warranty. Which other brands should i look into?

Spt is good as is perrin, tein, cobb and apex...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I will research all of the manufactures you listed.......

I noticed you mentioned access port stage 1 tuning. Is it easy to install or do have have it done at a shop?

Thanks for all of your help!

When it comes to modding your Subaru its endless.......and a money pit!!

Accessport is cake. You just plug it into your OBDII port and upload/download in a few seconds. You just need to make sure you have the right map for the mods on your car. Go to cobbtuning and read-up but even if you're still hesitant just find another local enthusiast to help you with it. I'm in Anaheim if there is nobody closer.

My first mods are always (1) tint, and then (2) the thing that annoys me the most. Sometimes it's swaybars, sometimes it's exhaust.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast